chapter 6

Wanda's pov

I headed over to Y/n. I had asked the clerk to wrap the gifts up with a ribbon. On the way, a little golden retriever doll caught my eye. It looked just like lucky Smiling, I picked it up. Y/n might act all tough and do all the boyish stuff, but I knew he would love it.

He was facing away from me, and I hid the puppy doll behind my back I was suddenly a little nervous. Was it weird to give him something like this? But I quickly pushed the thought aside. Why not? Y/n turned, saw me, and smiled I gave him a little wave and set the things down on a table.

Turning my back to him, I quickly tied a velvet sash to the puppys neck "Aw, aren't you adorable?" I asked it. "What have you got there?" Y/n asked, walking over with our ice cream. I smiled at him and handed him the puppy. "It reminded me of Lucky," I told him, somewhat shyly His Y/E/C eyes lit up, and he grinned Taking the puppy, he patted its head as if it were real.

"You do look like our princess, don't you?" He crooned "What do you think your name should be, little one?".

All the while, I was watching him with a smile on my face He was adorable, just like Lucky and the little puppy in his hands.

"You know, I've always wanted a puppy;" I told him "But of course Mother wouldn't hear of it." I smiled and shook my head "She's terrified it'll scratch up the sofas or something"

"Why don't you name our little one here, then?"

I liked the way he said "our little one"

"That's a little hard," I thought about it. I wanted the doll and Lucky to have rhyming names. "How about Bucky?"

Y/n laughed "Bucky it is," He turned the doll around "Say hi to mommy, Bucky"

I giggled "If I'm her mommy, then who's her daddy?"

"Me, of course" Y/n winked at me, making me go red. "Aren't we officially dating now?" He placed Bucky on the table "We'll have to introduce Bucky to your Splash soon. They're siblings now, I guess"

"So that means we have two kids already"

Y/n handed me my cone, and I licked at it happily Chocolate flavored, of course.

"So what did you get my mom?"

"A candle and perfume." That reminded me. "You do know how to set up a party, right? Light the candle and put it on the table, beside the cake. Put the rest of the gifts at the end of the table. Of course, if your dad is giving her a necklace he might want to put it on for her, but anyway Turn off the lights and sing happy birthday You do have a cake, right?"

"Geez, mermaid We're not a pair of idiots'

"I'm seriously starting to doubt that," I muttered Y/n heard and shook his head at me. I laughed and stuck my tongue out "Just saying the truth, dude."

We chatted and ate our ice cream, it was five when we left the mall, but since it was summertime the sun was still up, warming the ocean With its golden rays.

"Want to go for a swim, mermaid?"Y/n asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Of course" I bounced in the seat excitedly I had been longing for the ocean all day  Y/n parked beside the road and we hopped off. It was dusk, so the sand wasn't scorching and the water was just the right temperature. I splashed into the water, pushing through the currents until I couldn't reach the seabed.

I might be uncoordinated on the ground, but being in the water was another
deal Thinking about it, that dumb nickname actually suited me. I turned a somersault and broke the surface, laughing and treading water.