V

Samiah scurried throughout the castle, busy with work. She had just finished taking Prince Setial's dishes down to the kitchen and now had to gather his sheets and clothes for washing.

Like her busy exterior, her mind too was racing. This morning was the second time she walked in to see the prince alone, asleep, and naked in his sheets. Usually when he had an overnight guest, he would kick her out early or she'd stay until morning, but the prince was on one side of the bed while he usually stayed in the middle.

She'd heard rumors of the prince dragging a random palace guard through the halls, but didn't know if it was entirely true, she spent most of her time down at laundry.

She decided to find out, stopping a foot away from the prince's bedroom door. "Hello, Corol." She greeted the guard standing there. Unlike most other guards, Corol didn't care much for rules and would gladly talk to her and about two other servants.

"Samiah." Corol greeted back, his eyes moving to look at her and the corners of his lips tilted upwards, but that was all that moved, the only things he risked moving.

Samiah shuffled closer. "There's been rumors flying around the castle, have you heard them?"

"About Ezorah?"

Samiah furrowed her eyebrows together. "What?"

"The King's other son."

Samiah was a little taken aback. She had never heard this famous other son's name, nor had heard a name quite like that, it was very feminine. It didn't sound like a name for a prince or even a man at all, but she knew that other kingdoms gave their people strange names. "What about him?"

"Some say that the King plans to make him the heir. Others that he's prophesied to give us great aid in the war."

Samiah nodded, all of this news to her. "But I thought our Prince Setial was to be King." At the mention of his name, Samiah remembered the main reason she came up to the guard. "Oh, I meant about Prince Setial, that's who I wanted to know the rumors of."

Corol smiled a little bigger, amused at how scatterbrained the female could be. "Well, from what I've heard, the Prince isn't happy with the news of Ezorah. He's even dragged another guard, to his room to do Melle knows what."

Samiah's eyes widened as she put together the pieces. Angry news... a guard getting dragged all over the palace... a naked prince waking up alone after having an overnight guest... Samiah felt sick to her stomach. She knew that the prince participated in terrible and disgraceful fornications, but never had she thought he'd go as low as that! Sharing his bed with a man! It was even against the law! Well, it was an unwritten, unspoken law, but taboo none the less.

"Which guard was this?" She swallowed down the lump in her throat.

Corol thought for a second. "I'm not sure. He hangs out with one other guard all the time but I'm not sure who is who, but I know his post is by the throne room. His name is either Edgal or, what was it, N- something... Norral? Nithal? Nockal?"

Samiah nodded, storing that information in the back of her head. She'd be sure to avoid that guard by all means possible. "Well, I must get going to finish my duties, it's always such a pleasure, Corol."

"Likewise."

She gave the guard one last smile before continuing into the Prince's room, her head filled with thoughts. How could the prince do something as horrible and disgraceful as that!

She paused beside his bed, hands outstretched, the sheets still crumpled from what he did last night. He did such disgusting things on these sheets! Her hands flinched away. On this very fabric sheet hours before, two men were pleasuring each other, rubbing their bodies all over the very thing Samiah just touched while they did terrible treasonous things.