VI

Nikkol half expected to have another day of being ignored by the prince, but when he stormed up to him when his shift was nearly supposed to end, Nikkol gladly went with him.

It seemed angry storming was something that the prince was always doing, because Nikkol didn't hear him shouting at his father just before, which is what usually got him going.

Before Nikkol knew it, they were back inside the prince's room, the door shut. Unlike the last time, the prince just walked towards the bed, leaning against one of the tall posts like he was exhausted, like he forgot Nikkol was there.

Suddenly feeling awkward and out of place, Nikkol cautiously stepped forward. He assumed that with everything that had happened between the two that he wasn't bound by the same rules, but didn't know how far he should push his luck. So all he risked was a comforting hand on the prince's shoulder.

His hand was immediately covered with the prince's own, which grabbed it and pulled it forward so Nikkol had to step closer so his body was flush against his.

Nikkol stood there, very unsure of what the prince was doing, but neither had moved in several seconds. "Why don't you make noise?"

Nikkol was extremely confused. What was he talking about? Why was he asking? Was he talking about now, because Nikkol was too nervous to speak.

Prince Setial turned so he was facing Nikkol, his face a few meager inches away from the guard's. Being unable to think about anything else besides that fact, Nikkol's eyes stayed on the prince's soft lips, silently but eagerly anticipating the feel of them against his own. "You do it again." The prince's warm breath gently caressed Nikkol's face, making the guard want to lean in even more, but the words out of his mouth brought some power back to his brain, bringing back the confusion. "Not talking, not sending any sort of signals. You kiss me back and will sometimes respond to my questions, but when I'm with you it's like I'm alone. You don't make any noise at all when I'm talking to you, you're even silent in bed!" The prince took a calming breath, eyes fluttering shut, calming himself, before opening again. "Why?" Nikkol parted his lips to speak, then found he had nothing to say, his voice left him, so he slowly closed his mouth. Prince Setial sighed in exasperation. "Do you not like sharing a bed with me? Are you just not talkative? Do you not like me? What is it?"

Nikkol's eyes widened further before he was able to gain enough confidence to speak. "I'm... I'm just..." he sighed, then decided to start over. "One of the first things we're taught as guards is to not speak to royalty unless ordered to." The prince nodded along, knowing this already. "I, I just feared that anything I said or any noise I made would've been... taken as breaking a rule."

The prince eyed him with an unreadable expression. "I suppose maybe it would be." He continued looking at the guard, making Nikkol nervous. He couldn't tell if he was intrigued or annoyed, or perhaps something different. "Let's try something." The prince started, his voice slow like he was carefully thinking about each word before he spoke it. "For tonight, and only for tonight, you have no restrictions on noise. You can say what you want when you want or make all the noise you want in bed and you will not get in trouble."

Nikkol shifted uncomfortably, he wasn't sure if he liked that. He didn't know if he could relax enough around the prince to let loose in that way, and even if he could, did he want to if only to go back to the stiffness he felt the next day?

The prince's expression shifted into clearly annoyed, seeing the silent turmoil in Nikkol. "Speak."

"I, um, I don't know if that would be something I could do. I, I don't think I'd be able to, um, relax enough around you to do, to do that."

"Oh, really?" His eyebrow quirked up. "Okay, I'm going to try something and I want you to talk the whole time."

"Talk about what?"

"Anything."

With that, the prince sunk to his knees before the guard, making a funny feeling go through Nikkol's chest. The prince was kneeling in front of a palace guard, which was unheard of. "Well, I don't know what to talk about." Nikkol's mind raced, trying to find something. "I mean, as I said before my life isn't that-" he was cut off with a gasp from his own mouth. Him and the prince had certainly done things together, but never this. It was almost like the other side of the line, more personal.

Prince Setial freed his mouth for just a second. "Keep talking."

"Um, I mean, I don't know what you want to, to hear." His heavier breathing made it harder to speak.

The prince broke away again, much to Nikkol's dislike. "Anything."

Nikkol's mind raced, the thinking much harder than normal. "When I was a kid, um, I loved climbing-" a shaky intake of breath, "I loved climbing things. And, and, and," his thoughts trailed off as he rode the waves of pleasure.

Waves that became unbearably absent once the prince decided to speak again. "Keep talking."

"I would always look," the prince started again, but this time Nikkol knew better than to stop talking, "look for the tallest trees with the lowest limbs and would race, ah, would, um, race my friends up them and, and,"

Prince Setial pulled away and stood up, making Nikkol stop speaking, instead looking into the eyes of a man who could have him killed in an instant. "I think we should try something a bit different today."

"Do I bore you already?" Nikkol quickly shut his mouth, horrified for letting the banter slip out. The prince just raised an eyebrow with an amused smirk. "I mean, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I just... what were you thinking about?" Nikkol gave up on trying to apologize, instead hoping he hadn't crossed a line yet.

The prince stepped forward again. "Do you enjoy it when I am inside of you?" The princes voice turned low, dangerous, erotic, his breath tickling Nikkol's ear. Nikkol nodded, not trusting his voice. "Do you like it when I hit that special spot?" The princes hands snaked down to Nikkol's backside, making the guard step closer. "When I fill you to the brim?" Nikkol nodded again, his body tingling in anticipation. "Well, now it's my turn."

The blood in Nikkol's veins turned cold. He couldn't do that to the prince! It was already bad enough that he laid there not doing much in the first place, but to do something like that! It was a whole other level of craziness. "But, my prince, don't you think it would be better if we continued the way we were?" Never had Nikkol thought he'd ask for the day where things didn't change, but here he was.

"I made a promise to someone and I intend to keep it."

"To someone? You made a promise to someone?" He didn't know why he should've expected anything less, he knew right off the bat that he was being used to generate attention, but knowing the consequences and seeing the consequences approach were two very different things.

The prince sighed, gripping Nikkol tighter. "Don't worry so much, nobody of importance knows," the prince leaned even closer so that his lips were against Nikkol's ear, "yet." A shudder went down the guard's spine. He couldn't tell if it was from arousal or fear.

Whatever it was, it made him bolder.

He kissed up the prince's neck then, his hands digging in the prince's soft hair, trying to get close to the strange enigma that made him feel more than he had in years.