VIII

Nikkol didn't feel better in the morning.

The woman the night before didn't satisfy him as much as he needed.

Or maybe it was the wrong kind of satisfaction.

He was upset and disappointed and he went with sex as a release.

He should've went with something a little less intimate, more aggressive. Like fighting.

Or drinking until he blacked out, but that probably would've led him to the same place he ended up with the addition of a big headache, so probably a good thing he avoided that.

So, he used the remainder of that energy during training.

He could feel himself running faster than normal, lifting more than normal, swinging his sword better and faster.

He still wasn't the best performer, but it was a definite improvement over his normal.

Yet the energy he had thought was gone seemed to build right back up as soon as he was back on post, his body itching to move around while he forced himself to stay still and perfectly upright.

He didn't know where all the energy came from. It wasn't like the prince hadn't taken him to bed and ignored him after for the first time, it was kind of their regular. What made that time so different?

With all the time that he was forced to stand there, Nikkol came up with a theory.

The night before last, S-the prince had let him, or more like forced him, to speak his mind. He had talked freely and without consequence. Well, it seems the consequence just brought itself up hours later with all the energy inside him. He had spoken freely and not been punished. And perhaps that was what he was craving, what would relive him of the energy. To have the weight of the law off his shoulders once more, the be with the prince once again.

But there was a problem with that.

The prince was currently ignoring him and probably would until he felt the need rise up again. There was a pretty good chance that he'd grab him again today if history held true, but no guarantees. Nikkol was on the prince's schedule.

And, probably a much bigger problem, he wasn't allowed to speak like that again. In his realization he had forgotten Prince Setial's conditions. 'Only for tonight'. Even if he did take him again, he wouldn't be able to speak freely anyways, if that's even what the energy was about. Nikkol was really at a loss.

Perhaps he had to live with this restless energy for a while.

The thought made him very upset.

His job was to stand impossibly still for hours on end. They got no breaks and couldn't even let their eyes move.

He really hoped Prince Setial would come and relieve him of his duty.

If he didn't, he just might have to quit.

The thought made his stomach turn in excitement.

To quit and be free of his stance. To be able to leave and do what he wanted when he wanted. To work with his hands and create and destroy instead of having them hold stiff at his sides.

He squished that idea down, knowing it was foolish.

He was lucky to have the job he did.

The castle took care of its staff and he got paid a very generous amount. He was surrounded by his friends all the time. Plus, Herval probably wouldn't let him. Training guards took a while so they were very determined to keep the ones they had.