The Sight and the Seer

"Trust me, it's here." Rawind has been trying to convince Alwyndor for what possibly seems hours now. They are heading on an unfamiliar path. As they are walking further, they see a clearer picture of the old house from afar. The house sure seems very antique but it still looks marvelous. 

"Is that the house?" Alwyndor pointed suspiciously.

"It definitely is." Rawind said joyously and ran to the house.

Alwyndor, exhausted, rolled his eyes and just walked. The introverted Alwyndor can't keep up with Rawind's energy. They barged into the house and heard the wind chimes. They saw a living room connected to a room blocked by the curtains. They headed towards the room and saw a typical fortune teller table in the middle. Chairs are surrounding the table and a crystal ball is over the violet tablecloth. With that, they also saw a tall woman facing back. Her long braided silver hair contrasted with her royal purple dress that shows her hourglass figure. She let out a heavy breath and turned around, revealing her gorgeous pale face with a crescent moon symbol surrounding her eyes and the right side of her eyes and cheeks glistening. Both men just stared at the woman, mesmerized. Her eyes went to both of the men but they locked in contact with Alwyndor's eyes.

"I anticipated your return." she said with a smirk on her face.

"As promised, lady Veera." Rawind replied.

Alwyndor frowned as he realized what she is.

 "She is a Selenian." he whispered to Rawind with a bit of frustration.

"I can hear you, sun-worshipper. You, Helionox, are as prideful as ever." Veera said with a frightening blank look.

Both men were too threatened to speak. She walked around the table to get closer to the two.

"We, Selenians, have better prediction capabilities than you. However, we are never so different." she sat in the chair and crossed her legs.

"So, do you want to continue what you came here for?" Veera crossed her arms and raised her right eyebrow.

"Yes! He'll have it!" Rawind said quickly without hesitation.

In a glimpse, they all found themselves sitting around the table.

"How do we know if this is legit?" Alwyndor is very hesitant, unlike Rawind.

"You're 21 years old, born on the 4th month." her eyebrows raised. "I don't even have to use my seer powers to know that." she chuckled and smirked.

"That's not enough-" Alwyndor was suddenly cut off. 

"I'll read your fate then." Veera insisted aggressively and gazed into the crystal ball.

"In every life, you are given two paths, one that engraves a lesion right through your chest...the other leaves a desolation within. The rivers of your lives can and will flow differently...but will all end the same."

"That's it? What do you mean all end the same? A happy ending right?" Alwyndor was a bit worried.

"There are never happy endings." Veera said without emotion.

Alwyndor, a bit disappointed, pointed at Rawind. "It's his turn then." 

"He went here last week, he was satisfied with his reading." Veera replied.

Alwyndor gave Rawind the look of betrayal which Rawind replied with an awkward smile. Alwyndor stood up and said, "We'll get going, it was nice meeting you."

Veera responded with a mischievous smile and a wave.

The day after, Veera was surprised to see a familiar face approaching her house... it was Alwyndor again.