Blue Moon Blues

Alwyndor came to the seer back and forth for a few months now. Questioning his fate, questioning his heart.

"Veera, can you read again?" Alwyndor came in rushing, he was panting.

The girl rolled her eyes. "What is it this time?"

"I had a dream...I-I was stabbed." Alwyndor said, his lips were trembling.

Veera was rooted in place for she was quite shocked, her eyes widened.

Veera closed her eyes and let out a large breath. "It's a bit early this time."

"Huh-" Alwyndor was perplexed.

"It's the last week of the month, right? It's the time the 2nd moon of the month will rise." she walked past Alwyndor and grabbed the moonstone jar behind him on the room's corner. "This day is special to us, Selenians." she smiled. "I'll take you to lake Azuluna." she gave Alwyndor a very charming look and reached out her hand. "I'll explain everything there." 

Alwyndor took her hand and Veera lightly dragged him outside.

They were walking for a while now. Alwyndor gazed up above the night sky, seeing the almost full moon. 

"We have arrived." she inhaled the cold breeze. "To where it all began." she looked at Alwyndor. "Lake Azaluna." Veera smirked.

Alwyndor saw the silver-ish waters of the small lake. The lake is surrounded by the beautiful lush flora of the Selenians. Veera sat by the lake and touched the waters. Soon, Alwyndor followed and sat next to her.

"The lake serves as a beacon to life and death. A vision to the Selenians, a path to the spirit realm." Veera said as she spread ashes to the water from the jar she carried. The water turned bluish and became more reflective. "A curse hooked from the beginning, a jagged knife that will kill you from within." 

"Veera, what do you mean curse?" Alwyndor scratched his head.

Veera walked away from the lake. "I'm simply reading your fate, considering both past and future."

"I don't understand?!" Alwyndor followed her.

"Do you believe in reincarnation?" Veera turned her back on Alwyndor. She hugged and caressed herself and then stared at the lake, looking downwards. "Do you know the curse of the eclipse?" she turned her head back to Alwyndor. "Even if night and day are still apart, for as long as the moon meets the sun, two hearts will forever be bound...forever be broken. The sun everlasting while the moon will keep phasing." her voice is a bit muffled and croaky while she snuffles.

"I still don't understand-" Confusion is very clear in his voice.

Veera closed the distance between her and Alwyndor, she cupped his face with both hands. "Look into my eyes! Remember!" she said as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Arduin, please!" she was begging Alwyndor in a raucous voice. "Please." her voice lowered with a clear sense of sadness and desperation.

The pale moon with a blue hue is shining full with its light glistening below the two.

Alwyndor looked directly into her eyes. A tear streamed over the corner of his right eye. "Vienna?"