iv. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐦 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲?

Lydia didn't show up to school the next day, or the next, or the next

Lydia didn't show up to school the next day, or the next, or the next. I didn't want to be weird, but I kinda started to worry about her.

"Rue?" Lydia pulled her window open with a blink. "Why are you at my window?"

"Hey." she panted after climbing the many stories just to make it to the fire escape. "How's it going?"

Lydia shrugged. "It's going?"

"You not having a good day?" Rue panted, looking into Lydias room. "You gotta drink?"

"More like not having a good week." she corrected her, passing her half empty water bottle to Rue as she climbed into her room. "You?"

"You wanna be my business partner?" she spoke between violet gulps of the water. "I have my bike."

"Business partner?" Lydia gave an innocent smile as she crossed her legs. "What's that mean?"

"It's kinda illegal." the Bennett girl shook her head, pursing her lips. "So, you wanna?"

Truth was, Lydia really knew that she was in the worst state to do anything remotely illegal, but after the past three days of not being able to leave her room because the entire world loved to trigger her, when we were together was the first time she didn't think about curling up in a ball. I know I shouldn't say it out loud because this whole situation is really fucked, but it kinda made me a little happy that I was the only thing that could get her out of her room.

"So, how come you aren't at school?" Rue asked as Lydia got into the back of her bike and they took off.

"My therapist pushed me too far." she admitted, her arms tightened around Rue's waist when she took a turn. "I want to go back to homeschool."

"Well, what about your class with Elliot?" Rue tried to recall which ones she was being tutored in, but it was all a fucking blur to her.

"My grades are fine, it's not the work." she admitted as Rue stopped infront of the location. "Just, with everything that happened."

Rue let her get off first, giving a hesitant look. "Do you wanna...talk about it?"

Lydia shook her head, looking back at the house. "This is our illegal destination?"

"Yup." Rue climbed off and adjusted her blazer as Lydia pushed her hair back to show off the expensive earrings her dad had gotten her, hoping to look professional.

"So, what should our cover story be?" Lydia spoke as they walked side by side. "Am I a recovering alcoholic and you're my sponsor? Oh, or I could say i'm pregnant and in need of money. I mean, if I stick my stomach out it could pass as a little baby bump. Oh! I could tell her-"

"Don't worry, I have it all planned in here." Rue drummed on the side of her head. "You just...look...pretty."

Lydia looked over at her. "You think i'm pretty?"