ix. 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧

Lydia did all the research she could on drug withdraw before heading over to visit Rue, once Leslie gave the okay

"Hey, trouble." Lydia leaned on Rues doorway as she looked in at her.

Rue turned from her curled up position with her pillow, a weak smile on her face at the sight of her. "That you, Pluto?"

"Brought you a bunch of Poweraid for the dehydration." Lydia held up the plastic bag. "Every flavor because I don't know what you like."

"I'll drink them all." Rue lied, moving some for Lydia to sit next to her laying body.

"How's it going?" she gave her a sympathetic look. "You feeling like shit?"

"Mm." Rue hummed. "I look it?"

"Yes, but, not in a bad way." Lydia gave her a small smile. "Like, pretty shit."

Rue rose her eyebrows. "I'll take it."

She slowly sat up to stare back at her. "I think the worst part is over. The past few days, breaking the fever. Vomiting has stopped, for the most part."

"That's good." Lydia gave an encouraging smile. "You know, i'm proud of you."

"Oh, don't be like a rehab group." Rue cringed.

"I'm serious." Lydia laughed. "I really am. Just imagine after, your eye bags will go away. That's a plus."

Rue cracked a grin as she laid back again. "Will you stay the night?"

"I don't think you're in a good shape to deal with me in the middle of the night." Lydia admitted, already embarrassed Rue had to wake her twice for nightmares.

"No, I want you to." she pointed out with a shake of her head. "Ali is suppose to come and make dinner for us."

"Hi, sorry." Lydia walked into the dining room from the shower.

"I puked on her." Rue excused Lydias absence.

"And you're still here?" Ali asked as he shook Lydia's hand. "Sit down before you run for the hills."

Rue grinned at Lydia in her town tie-dye shirt and biker shorts. "I'm Lydia, Rues friend."

"Oh, yeah. I know about you." he agreed while getting her a plate. "So, Rue. So, you think you hit rock bottom?"

Lydia choked on her drink at the blunt question, Leslie reaching over and patting her back for her as Lydia apologized. That being said, the woman had to answer for her daughters silence. "Yes."

"Um.." Rue trialed off awkwardly, trying to laugh it off. "Okay, I know that I have a lot of apologizing to do. Uh, I get that. So, I just figured that's i'd, you know, go to rehab, get clean, you know, sort my shit out, and, um... then come back, and...apologize."