xii. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

Cassies louder clapping distracted the two, looking on stage as she walked from the side, cutting Hallie and Marta's conversation off

Cassies louder clapping distracted the two, looking on stage as she walked from the side, cutting Hallie and Marta's conversation off. "Lexi, you really out did yourself."

"Woah, even acting coming from the audience?" Lydia gapped in shock, showing how impressed she'd been. Rue took her hand with a sharp inhale.

Cassie laughed. "I mean, where did she find these knock-offs. I had no idea that my sister had this in her. Good luck, right. Isn't she brave? She's up here, unpacking all of her trauma. I had no idea how hard your life was, Lexi. Can we give a round of applause for how hard Lexi's life is?"

A few people from the crowd cheered and whistled. Cassie smiled. "I know they hack the heads off women in Afghanistan or whatever."

"That's racist!" a boy from the crowd called.

"Boo!" Lydia called with two thumbs down, Rue snorted as she pressed her head into her shoulder to continue a laugh.

"God, it is nothing compared to living in my shadow." Cassie continued on.

"Yo, is this like apart of the play?" a boy asked from the crowd.

"I don't know." Cassie spoke, looking around toward the back. "Lexi, is this part of the play? Lexi? This is your show. Come out. You're the star of the play. You're the star of the night. She's always wanted to be the star."

Lexi tried to protest as Cassie drug her from behind the mirrors, the spot light on her again. "This is your big moment. Shine!"

"Please stop." Lexi begged her over and over in a whisper.

"I should stop? Me? I'm not the one putting on a play to humiliate and embarrass you!" Cassie shouted at her as Lexi began to protest. "Oh really? Then what is this?"

"Hi, everyone." Suz walked into the stage, Lydia wince. "I'm Suz, i'm the girls moms in real life. Played by Ethan. Where is he? Ethan!"

Lydia smiled as Ethan walked from behind one of the mirror with his rob, giving a shy wave as he accepted Suz's hug with a kiss on the cheek. "He's gonna win an award!"

"So, it's not apart of the play?" Lydia looked to Rue in questioning.

"It's....whatever you want it to be." Rue hummed, satisfied with her answer.

"I deserve this right?" Cassie laughed at Sue.

"Oh my god, please mom." Lexi begged her with a pleading look.

"Mom stop!" Cassie shrugged her off when Suz tried to pull her away.

"You stop it!" Suz scolded her.

"Lexi, i'm gonna fucking kill you!" Cassie threatened as the crowd gapped, Lexi hurrying away. "I deserve this, right? Because i've actually lived a life? I'm the one who takes risk? I'm the one that falls in love? I'm the one that gets hurt, not you, Lexi! You have never even fucking lived! That's why you're able to stand up here and judge all of us. You're just a fucking bystander."