xi. 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲

"I could see myself now

"I could see myself now." Lexi walked out of the school door with a tight dress, push-up bra, and shiny makeup on. "I'd be the girl no one could ever get. Hi, Ted, how are you? Hey, boys. And Id imagine my former classmates sitting around at barbecues in their dirty, dirty back yards, many years from now."

A screen of Ethan and another boy in the backyard being shown. Lydia laughed. "Rue, thank you for inviting me. I'm having the best time."

"Man, I really wish i'd boned Lexi Howard." one of the ragged boys said.

"Yeah, you and the rest of East High Land." the other said in return, throwing his fake beer can onto the ground.

"All I had to do is wait." Lexi spoke, the audience clapping as the stage went dark again. Three people ran across the stage with signs that read 433 days later.

"Look, Lexi, some guys prefer smaller boobs." Hallie looked toward Lexi, who stood in the mirror, adjusting her bra. "If you and I could trade bodies, i'd do it in a heartbeat."

"Well, maybe they're still growing." Lexi gave a shy smile.

"No, they're not." Hallie answered.

"Well, sometimes it takes-" Lexi began.

"No, they're fully formed." Hallie answered, walking toward the nearby mirror.

Lexi looked back at her. "To be honest, i'm not really the type of person that wants to be known for their body."

Lydia continued to grin, slipping her hand into Rues so naturally.

"But, I also didn't want the troubles that came along with it." Lexi stared out at the audience, the scene changing to Hallie sat on her bed, her phone to her ear.

"I wasn't even looking at him, I swear." the blonde cried over the phone. "You're the only person i've ever dreamed of."

"I feel like i've lived most of my life in my imagination." Lexis voiced, scenes of Hallie kissing different boys over taking the stage. "Taking the smallest moments and dreaming them into something bigger. A little exchange, and I fall in love. A moment to myself, and i'm on stage. But reality always finds a way of pulling me back."

Rue smiled as the scene turned, Jade climbing up onto a gas station roof with Lexi. "I think, before high school, we should think about all the things we don't like about ourselves, and change them, so we can be like, like different and cooler people."

"I don't think we need to be cooler." Jade said in return.

"Well, we should at least try to know what's cooler." Lexi nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, but we still shouldn't try to change." Jade shook her head.

"But, what if we get excluded from things?" Lexi looked at her in worry, legs crossed.