The Next Year

Since the deal, we met a demon named Ruby who said she could get me out of my deal but it was all a lie. Besides that, we made every second count. Sammy and I spent as much time together as possible, taking walks, going to dinner.

A new demon named Lilith has been trying to get power. We've been trying to track her down to see about my deal because Sam is relentless. He has been hitting the books, trying to find a way out. We finally found a way to locate Lilith. We got an exact street and drove down there with only thirty hours to go until it was time for me to go. Sam still wouldn't give up, he still had hope of me getting out of it. I had long since lost hope, in fact I had never had any. I wouldn't change what I did, but I was terrified and Sam knew it. He did all he could to console me. And it helped sometimes, but mostly it was a cold comfort and a sad reminder of the short time we had left together. We finally got there but Lilith had left her original host and taken over Ruby somehow while we were together. The clock struck midnight and I shot a weak smile in Sammy's direction. His eyes filled with tears and he walked over to me and embraced me in a big hug, covering me as if that would protect me from the hell hounds that were inevitably coming. I flinched as I heard the distant barking. He looked down at me, his tears spilling into my hair. He stroked away my slow tears. Brushing the hair away from my face, he bent down and gently placed his lips on mine. As the sound of nails clicked on the hard - wood floors, our kisses became more and more frantic. Dean cleared his throat. Of course he would break up our last romantic moment together. I thought. Sam pulled back and searched my eyes. He gave me a smile through his tears as if to say, Everything is going to be okay. "Hannah Day, I love you so much!" He said smiling despite the grim situation at hand and seeing his beautiful smile made me smile too despite my terror. The hell hounds pounded at the locked door. Dean, Sam and Ruby ran to the door. Dean and Ruby held the door and Sam pulled out a bag goofer dust, the only thing that can keep hell hounds at bay besides salt, and spread it in a line in front of the door. The banging instantly stopped. Sam ran to the windows and covered those too. "Okay. Give me the knife, I'll see if I can take them down." Ruby said. Sam was about to hand it over to ruby when Dean said,"No Sam, don't! That's not Ruby!" The so called Ruby laughed maniacally. "Clever, aren't we?" She asked. Turning to the door with an evil smile, she kicked the goofer root out of the way and opened the doors. "Sic 'em boys" she said laughing. Pure terror clutched my heart. Sam and Dean looked my way, concern mapped clearly on their faces. I smiled as big of a smile as I could muster. "It's ok Sammy. You'll find someone else. But remember that no matter what, I'll always love you." With that I looked directly at the hell hound and made peace with my death. Then I put my thoughts on every great moment I had with Sam. Lilith slammed Sam and Dean against the wall with her powers and held them there. Then I felt the teeth and claws of the hell hounds rip into my chest as I screamed in agony.