1

Y/N x Robaire 

Soulmates

Legend says that all people have a soulmate. They're someone you're fated to and bound to be with. Soulmates are decided from before you're born, with you and your soulmate being tied together with a red string on your pinkie finger.

However, legends fade into time, being twisted and changed until they're nothing but a myth. Nowadays, most people just find someone they find attracted to and live their lives, never aware that they were originally destined for more. Every now and again, people have reported feeling a strange, 'magical' pull towards someone, as if the universe was pushing them together.

Y/N POV

Y/N didn't believe the silly little article her friend Kirara had forwarded her – the third soulmate article she had received this week. However, no matter how irritating it got, Y/N could never be mad at her. Kirara and her boyfriend Tae Young had met at the vets, Kirara waiting for an appointment for her dog Boba and Tae waiting for an appointment for an injured dove. They had entered at the same time, getting stuck in the narrow door, and from that point on they had been inseparable. Y/N admired their loving relationship. She often found herself wondering if soulmates were real, and if so, why she had never found one. In fact, she wondered why she had never found anyone – every guy she thought she had a chance with left just as she could imagine a life with them. With a sigh, she reluctantly rose from the cosy sofa in her flat and stumbled to the closet, picking out an outfit. Making sure her dance bag was fully packed, she picked up her headphones, took a breath and walked out.

The streets of Paris were some that she never quite got used to – the hustle and bustle of the classy Parisians against the gorgeous beige buildings always glowed heavenly in the sunset. Accordion players gently crafted a tune for the various tourists who came for romantic trips, sitting at two-seater tables and smiling softly at each other. She drowned the noise out, instead putting her headphones on and turning up the volume, counting through the steps – her first performance with her new ballet company was next week and she needed all her focus. With all her focus on something else, as usual, Y/N forgot to focus on real life.

She was about to walk straight out onto a busy junction when a hand briskly pulled her away. She instantly felt a fuzzy electric pulse travel through her wrist and up her arm, and in shock flinched her hand away. However, the second she looked up at her mysterious heroine, she wished she hadn't. The man before her was tall and sturdy, with angelic features adorning his perfectly symmetrical face – almost symmetrical, except his sharp eyebrow slit. He wore a sophisticated black turtleneck under a grey blazer-coat and black slacks – self-conscious was an understatement when she compared his look with her baggy dance clothes. As she looked up into his warm brown eyes, butterflies exploded in her stomach. Quickly pulling her headphones off, she began to ramble (something Y/N was famously great at)

"Oh my god I'm so sorry are you okay? Thank you so much I literally almost died I can't believe it- "

"Oh, no I'm okay don't worry!" He quickly stated with a rushed smile on his face. Oh my god his voice. He looked to the floor where Y/N's bag had fallen from her shoulder, and elegantly handed it to her. One of Y/N's point shoes had fallen from the slightly unzipped compartment, which he then also picked up.

"You're a ballet dancer?" He asked curiously

"Yeah," Y/N shyly replied, "At the opera" She didn't miss his eyes widen and the smile on his face grow slightly.

"Seriously? That's incredible. You don't happen to be in next weeks production of swan lake, right?" He asked with a hopeful gleam in his eyes. Taken aback by the stranger's interest, Y/N's already growing blush turned an even more embarrassing shade of red.