7

Y/N's POV

His face was a mess - blood was oozing from his nose and lip whilst he was quickly developing a huge black eye on the right side of his face. He was still unconscious, and his seemingly lifeless body was definitely not a pleasant sight. Several of the same nurses, along with the same doctor from earlier, were wheeling him in. They checked his vitals quickly and patched him up. 

All the girls and Tae Young could do was watch; even that was difficult. 

After fifteen minutes of confusing conversation between the medical team, Maddie decided to step in and attempt to find out how Robaire was - she ended up in another conversation that lasted far over 20 minutes, eventually discovering that he was in a stable condition and just required rest.

So they waited.

...

Robaire's rest was taking way too long. It had been over five hours, with the group taking turns in falling asleep and keeping watch over Y/N and Robaire, and now the sun was rising.

Y/N decided that she might as well try to make conversation while they were waiting.

"So, Kirara, Tae Young, how was the Eiffel tower?" Kirara, who was almost asleep, jumped up startled. Once she realised what was going on, she burst into life again.

"Oh my gosh It was so nice. We went up to the second level, because the third was way too high for comfort, and then we lit some candles, sat down, ate, and THEN WE-"

"-DANCED IN THE RAIN! It was so cute!!!"

"Hey I was gonna say that!"

"Was that before or after you said you guys - " Maddie was cut off by a quiet groan.

"Was that a minecraft zombie?" Because no one wanted to try to argue with Kirara, they just stayed silent to listen.

There was another groan, this time accompanied by movement in Robaire's hospital bed. Maddie jogged over to check, and was beginning to talk to the now awake Robaire, until his quiet, painful groans suddenly became agonizing and loud, with the monitor he was attached to beginning to angrily beep.

"Whats going on?!?!" Y/N worriedly yelled to Maddie over the noise, but her only reply was a helpless look of shock identical to Y/N's own. Not before long, some medics came in and expertly took over, leaving Maddie to stumble back over to Y/N's bed.

"Who here is responsible for this young man?" The doctor asked awkwardly, as though his previous encounter with the group had scared him away.

"I am, I guess" Maddie said, stepping forward again and exiting the room with the doctor. After a while, she returned alone, with a strange mix of worry, confusion and intrigue.

"Hey you guys, that doctor just told me something absolutely mad."

"Is it bad?!" Y/N asked

"No" Y/N sighed in relief "... and yes, kind of quite a bit"

"What?! You just said he was fine!"

"I know I did, but, listen to this: the doctor said that Robaire just suffered from these unusual spontaneous heart failure things, something he doesn't think he's seen before without a known condition or stuff like that. Y/N - that's the exact same thing that happened to you last night after you woke up"

Wow. That was weird. And worrying. 

None of them spoke, so they all just watched as Robaire began to stir out of his daze. 

Robaire's POV

When he fully woke up, he took a second to take in his surroundings. This wasn't the recording studio. Robaire was about to sit up, but a sharp pain near his rib prevented him from doing so. Hissing, he fell back down into the bad and looked around. He would be lying to say he wasn't slightly startled by the four pairs of eyes staring at him, less that two meters away.

"Um... Heyyyy" Y/N said, and only then Robaire realized where he was and how Y/N was in a hospital bed.

"Y/N? Are you okay?? Why are you in hospital? Why am I in hospital?"

Wait. He remembered now. It was that strange warning. Cautiously, he looked over to Y/N - it couldn't be real could it? However, the extensive injuries he now had said otherwise.

The others must have noticed his sudden change in thoughts.

"Robaire, what happened back there?"

"I... I can't describe it. I was about to get up, but some invisible force just knocked me right back down again. And there was a... no never mind its not important."

"What? There was a what?" Tae Young asked cautiously

"There was a... er... power cut right as it happened"

"Oh my god! Thats so weird!"

"I know right! I wonder why it-" Y/N, Maddie and Kirara were somehow convinced by Robaire's made up story, and began avidly gossiping about the possibilities. However, Robaire could tell by the look on his face that Tae Young was not convinced.

Why did he not tell them the truth? He had no idea why. Was he afraid of what they would say? Definitely. 

Tae Young POV

Tae knew Robaire was lying; he could tell straight away. However, he didn't want to say anything while they were with the girls. He would wait until they were alone. Whatever it was, it must be important if Robaire didn't tell everyone, which made Tae Young even more suspicious.

"Hello" The doctor from before said, and interrupted his thoughts. "Miss Y/N, you will be able to leave the hospital this morning, as long as we keep available contact in case of emergency and begin with regular check ups on your health. And Mr Robaire, we will require that you stay in the hospital until we complete another examination, but you should be able to leave later in the day" With a polite smile, the doctor exited the room, and Tae Young saw his chance.

"You guys leave with Y/N, and I'll stay with Robaire until he can leave"

"Oh, are you sure?" Kirara asked, but with the firm nod of Tae's head, she agreed, and they began to leave.

After a few minutes, the two boys were alone. Tae could tell that Robaire was nervous, but decided to ask anyway.

"You were lying earlier, weren't you? About the power cut?"

"No, I wasn't, it was just super unclear in my memory" Although Tae thought Robaire's lying this time was pretty good, the cautious glance he took confirmed his suspicions.

"Dude, just tell me. We can't afford to keep secrets and things now we know this soulmate bond is real and very much out for you"

Hesitantly, Robaire complied.

"There was this voice. It was super deep and distorted. And.."

"And?"

"And it said something about not failing and staying away from the girl. I think that the girl might.. be.. Y/N."

"Wait, hold on - not failing? That sounds like this whole soulmate thing is some sort of agreement or something, right? But, that doesn't make sense..."

Sorry I haven't updated in sooo longggg but I just finished my exams yesterday and couldn't wait to update again!

Don't forget to vote!