4

Robaire's POV

Within the space of 30 minutes, after they'd all eaten and calmed down from the nights events, Kirara and Tae Young had already compiled an entire slide show on the situation, which they were all currently sat in front of. Kirara and Tae Young were stood either side of the TV, whilst Maddie sat on an arm chair and Y/N and Robaire were left so close to each other on a sofa that Robaire could just feel the electric pulse that came every time he got close to her. It was warm and comforting, so much so that he subtly tried to shift closer to Y/N, making their arms meet. He felt Y/N bolt upright at the sensation, smiling to himself that she must have felt it too. Her lips turned upwards slightly, and she relaxed into his touch. 

"Okay, listen up please, thank you!" Kirara sounded way too excited about this.

"First slide please!" At the command, Tae Young pressed the space bar on the computer. The slide was two pictures drawn of Y/N and Robaire. One in the street where they first met, feeling the pulse of electricity, and the other of the moment their red string first appeared. The pictures were ridiculously good, and Robaire's smile grew more at the fact that Y/N must had told Maddie and Kirara all about their interaction. She was so cute. 

"Kirara, did you draw that?" Maddie asked in a shocked expression "How long did it take you?"

"Oh, the first one I did as soon as Y/N gushed to us all about Robaire, and the second one I did just now while I was waiting for you all to hurry up." Robaire's stomach went fuzzy as he realized just how much Y/N thought of him - he would be lying if he said he hadn't thought of her. While Maddie and Kirara fell into a deep conversation about the picture, Robaire turned to Y/N and whispered down her ear

"So you've been thinking of me, amour?" He felt her shiver - god. He was never the sort to flirt, especially not so forwardly, but something about Y/N made him try things he'd never done before. The results were definitely rewarding; watching Y/N become a heated, flustered mess was definitely something he enjoyed.

"I didn't - I mean it wasn't like I was... - its not like-" Robaire chuckled.

"mignonne"

Y/N's POV

She was practically steaming with embarrassment - she thought that somehow he wouldn't notice or mention it! But oh my god the nickname! Amore? Y/N thought she was gonna pass out! The french was definitely something she liked about Robaire. And his eyes. And his smile - that was perfect. And his voice. And his-

"ANYWAY! Please, let me continue!" 

Kirara pointed to the red string connecting Y/N and Robaire on the picture.

"According to Japanese legend,  the ulnar artery that comes from your heart to your pinkie finger continues on, connecting with the ulnar artery of another person - this connects the two peoples hearts, bounding them together and bringing them together by fate" She looked to Tae Young, who was just stood there blinking. Quickly becoming agitated, Kirara whispered (even though her whisper was far louder than what whispers are usually defined as)

"NEXT SLIDE!" Tae Young suddenly jumped and clicked the next slide, smiling sheepishly at his girlfriend. She wasn't able to contain her smile as she began to explain the slide now on the TV.

"This is shaman_prophecies_30" She pointed at a picture. It was the account which had all messaged them all that harrowing riddle. A cold dissonance filled the atmosphere of the room, and everyone grew stiller and quieter.

"She runs a very small Instagram account which seems to specialize in east Asian mythology. Recently, she's released a surge of soulmate posts. However, whilst reviewing all of these posts and other articles on the red string, not one has had any mentions that relate to the riddle we received. We could just assume that it meant nothing" Everyone seemed more at ease with Kirara's statement.