Somethings wrong

mention of abuse

Isabelle's pov
After texting Aliyah, I went upstairs to my room to take a shower but that didn't happen. "ISABELLE! COME DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!" My dad shouts so I slowly make my way down. "Yes dad?" I say as nice as I can. That didn't work. I earned a slap across the face. I felt tears about to fall but I hold them in. "You know what today is?" He ask pushing me to the floor.

"Y-yeah" it's the day my mom died in a car crash. Dad would always blame me since I was the one who survived. "AND ITS ALL YOUR FAULT SHES GONE" he kicks my in the stomach making me cough. That hurts. "I-I'm sorry" that's all I can say. He leaves me there on the floor. I lay there trying to control my tears. I finally have the courage to get up and go up to my room.

I lock my door and take my clothes off and start my shower. I look myself in the mirror. All those bruises and more to come. I have to cover these up before going to Aliyah's. I get in the shower and wash myself being careful of the other cuts and bruises I got. After that, I dry myself off and put on some leggings and a hoodie so that they don't show.

I grab my phone and things I'll need and unlock my door. I open it slowly and listen if my dads here or not. I don't hear anything so he must be gone. I make my way downstairs and out the door. I already told my dad I was going to a friends but I text him just in case he forgot. I look up her address and start walking. It didn't take me long. About 10 minutes. I hear some barking. I look up and see Malibu running towards me with Aliyah hot behind her. "Hey!" She runs over to hug me.

I flinch a little making her stop. "You okay?" She ask looking worried. "Yeah" she doesn't look convinced but she drops it. "Come and meet my family" she says and was about to take my hand but I flinch away again. "Sorry" she shows me inside the house. "You have a nice home" I tell her. "Thanks. Okay so there's a few people that live here and-" I cut her off. "Are they nice?" Please let them be nice. "Yeah of course" I nod my head following her to the living room.

"Okay so those two, that's Mary-Kate and Ashley. My moms. Then over here, that's my older brother Hunter" she points to them and I wave. "Then that's Vanessa, my sister" I smile at her. "Guys this is Isabelle" she introduced me. "Hi" I waved at them once more. "Come on. There's more" oh lord. I follow her upstairs. "This is my other sister, Scarlett. The annoying one" she points to one of the girls who are cuddling on a bed. "And the other one is Lizzie" I nod my head. Lizzie looks like the twins. Must be sisters. "Oh and this dude is Robbie" I look to my right to see him playing on the Piano. "Hey. I'm Isabelle" they smile at me.

"If you need anything you can ask any of us and we will get it" Lizzie tells me. "Okay" wow they are really nice. "It's true. Come, I'll show you what she means" Aliyah took my hand and I didn't flinch this time! I'm so happy. She leads me downstairs to where the twins are. "Can we go and get ice cream?" She ask. "Yeah of course. I'll drive you" one of them said. I think that was Ashley. "See what I mean" she gently nudges making me wince in pain. Just a little. "You alright?" She looks at me concerned. I just nod my head.

Aliyah's pov
There's definitely something going at her house. "Let's go" Ashley says dragging us to her car. We get in and she drives us to the ice cream shop. "What would you kids like to get?" I look over to Izzy and she just shrugs. "Can we get two vanilla ice cream?" I ask her. She nods her head and orders for us. We eat our food then head back home. Lizzie and Scarlett are making some supper so we just have to wait. While we wait, I show Izzy my room and then we play some games with the others.

"Suppers ready!" Lizzie shouts. "Food" Izzy and I say at the same time. We run to wash our hands then go to the dining room. There's yummy pasta. "Thank you for supper" Izzy speaks. "Your welcome" Lizzie speaks after. After we finish eating, Izzy had to go back home so I decided to walk back with her. It's not far from home and it's still bright out. "Take Malibu with you!" mom shouts as we put our shoes on.

I grab Malibu's leash and clip it on. We then walk out the house down the driveway towards her house. It doesn't take long. We walk up the steps and she stops. "You okay?" I ask. She turns around and smiles at me. "I'm fine" I know that saying. Whenever someone says that, just know that they aren't. "Okay well text me or call if you need anything" I give her a hug. "Okay. Thank you for today" she says before taking a deep breath and walking inside.

I make my way back home and lay in bed. For a solid couple hours. It's now dark out. I was about to put my pyjamas on and go to bed but I get a call from Izzy. I pick up. "Hello?" I hear some crying on the other line. I already know she's needs me so I rush downstairs to put my shoes on. "C-can you come to the park?" She ask sniffling. "Yeah I'll be there soon" I struggle to put my shoes on but I manage.

"Where are you going? It's 9 o'clock" mama ask with a water bottle in her hand. "Izzy needs me. I'll be back!" I rush out the house and run to the park. I finally make it. There's only the park light on and the streets one too. I can see Izzy's figure sitting on a bench crying. I make my way over to her and tap her shoulder. She jumps like five feet high. "You scared me" she says as I sit down next to her. "What's wrong?" I ask wiping her tears away. "I-I ran away from home" she tells me.

"Why?" She stays silent but then finally speaks up. "My dad. I know we just met but I feel like I can tell you this" I nod my head. She leans her head on my shoulder so I wrap my arms around her. "My dad...my mom died in a car crash and I was the only one who made it. Dad would blame me for her death so he would start drinking and getting high. He then started hitting me and abusing me" she whisper that last part.

"I'm so sorry" she sighs. "I just don't want to go back there" she tells me. Well of course she isn't. "Come, you can stay with us" I stand up and grab her hand. "Are you sure?" I nod my head. I text mama real fast about what happened and she said that she will be staying with us and not going back. "Let's go" I start walking to the house. We soon arrive and mama is there looking at us sad.

"I heard what happened and we aren't sending you back there okay? You can stay with us" she hugs Izzy. "Thank you" she whispers. "Ali can show you were you can sleep" I take her hand and lead her to the room next to mine. "My room is right next door. I'll get you some clothes for tonight. If you want to shower, there's a shower in your room. I'll be back" she nods and I run to my room to get her some clothes for tonight and tomorrow morning.

Isabelle's pov
I wait patiently on the bed for Ali to come back. "Okay here they are. If you need anything my room is right there" she points to the right wall.  "Goodnight Izzy" she hugs me then leaves me alone. I'm too lazy to take a shower tonight so I just put on the pyjamas on and climb in bed. I lay there thinking of what happened earlier. It won't leave my head.

I turn around to look at the time. It's 3 am. I stayed up for that long!? I sigh getting out of bed and walking to Ali's room. I slowly open the door to see her wide awake coloring at her desk. I tip toe my way over and tap her shoulder. "Holy shit. You scared me" she holds her chest and I laugh a little. "Why are you up?" She closes her book. "Why are you up?" I sit on her bed.

"Can't sleep" she sits next to me. "Same" she nods her head. "Wanna watch some tv?" She ask climbing in her bed. I do the same. She grabs her remote and turns the tv on. "What do you want to watch" I shrug. She puts Full House on. We watch a couple of episodes before we fell asleep.