The Sun also Rises

The two Mikaelson’s, Stefan, and Alaric, jumped out of the car and discussed how the plan would work.

“The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets.” Elijah told them. “First the werewolf is killed, then the vampire. Finally the doppelganger. Once Elena dies, the curse will be broken. Klaus will become the hybrid.”

“So when do we attack?” Alaric asked.

“Elena’s death will activate his dormant werewolf side.” Elijah turned to look at the three. “He’ll be vulnerable during the transformation. That’s when Bonnie comes in.”

Stefan looked him up and down. “And you’re sure Bonnie will survive this?”

Elijah’s eyes shifted to his daughter before he looked back. “If she can deliver him to the brink of death, I’ll finish the job myself.”

Theta’s eyes clouded as she glanced down at her shoes. Not happy with the plan to kill her uncle. He might have killed all his siblings, her family, but Klaus was family too. Yet if Elijah does this, if her father kills him, he promised to come home. To come home to Henrik, her twin. To Lucifer, her mother. To come home to her. Even if it conflicts with her morals, 

how could Theta not take that chance?  

Her train of thought is broken by the sound of Stefan’s phone ringing. Taking this opportunity, the General of Hell walked a small bit away from the group for what seemed the hundredth time that day. Elijah, seeing that the two others were distracted by what Damon was saying, went to check on his daughter.

“Theta?” Elijah asked.

Theta turned to look at her father with hunched shoulders and doubtful eyes. Sighing at the sight of his daughter in distress, Elijah pulled her into a gentle hug. Theta ducked her head under his chin and closed her eyes. “You don’t have to come.” Elijah whispered. “If you wish to stay here, I would understand.”

“No.” His daughter whispered back. “I couldn’t do that to you.” The Original pulled away from his daughter, and gave her a quizzing look. Theta seeing this, began to explain. “As much as I hate this. He’s your brother. You may vow to hate him, but killing him will kill you. You’re going to need me for emotional support.”

A small smile appears on Elijah’s face, then fades into a frown. “I just thought with your reluctance-”

“You are my father.” Theta interrupts him. “And even if I do hate you for leaving, I would follow to the end of the Earth. Just as Henrik and Mother would. Always and forever.”

Elijah was about to repeat the phrase, when the use of their vampire hearing caught what Damon said. “He’s going to use her as the vampire in the ritual.”

Stefan turned to look at the group. “Oh, my god.”

—--

Once Stefan relayed the message to Alaric, the vampire hunter rushed inside to tell Jenna. A few seconds later Bonnie comes walking out. “Why did he take Jenna?” 

Theta ran her hand over her face. “Klaus’s punishment for your meddling.”

“Klaus was going to use Tyler and Caroline but Damon rescued them.” Stefan said.

“Then we need to go.” The witch’s voice cracked at the thought of Jenna dying. “Now. Before Jenna’s been sacrificed. I can kill Klaus myself.”

“Bonnie…If you use that much power, you’ll be dead.” The young vampire denied the idea. “We’ve already been through this. It’s not an option.”