Playing With Cards

Theta leaned up against her locker, quietly observing Jeremy Gilbert. She noticed how he acted earlier when she and Luka introduced themselves. Not pleased with the exchange of heart eyes.

It was a couple hours after the encounter, with it now being lunch. Theta knew her cards had to be played. So, with her Mikaelson courage she marched up to him. "Hey, it's Jeremy right?"

Jeremy turned around from his locker to the owner of the voice. "Uh, yeah. Theta?" 

"That's my name." She nodded before continuing with her plan. "I just wanted to say, thank you for earlier. Showing us the office." Theta bobbed her head side to side. "Not everyone would do that."

"Yeah, No problem." He told her.

"And," Theta stretched out the syllables. "I also wanted to say sorry." Confusion flashed on the humans face before she continued. "For Luka, flirting with your girl and-"

Jeremy cut her off with a shake of his head. "Bonnie isn't my girlfriend."

Theta gave a fake look of surprise. "Wait, really?"

"We're just friends." A hint of longing was heard. 

"Well, that's good." Blurted the non-human. 

Jermey blinked. "It's good?"

Theta bit her lip with a shrug. "Yeah."

Jeremy took a second to look her up and down. Finally giving her a proper once over of her appearance. "Hey, do you want to eat lunch together? Since you're new, I mean."

An almost unnoticeable smile appeared on the vampire-angel's face. "I'll like that."

"Great." Jermey gave her a boyish smile. "Follow me."

As the two talked their way to the lunch room. All Theta could think about is how easy it is to play cards.