Know Thy Enemy

Knowing that her father would want her to keep up appearances, she began going through her closet for a dress for the ridiculous brunch party that the Mayor of Mystic Falls invited her father and her to. Theta just needed some form of cover story, maybe he was sick? Maybe he had other business to attend to? She just knew she had to finish what Elijah started. Even if she didn’t agree.

After what seemed like the millionth dress, she finally stopped on one. Pulling it off the rack, smirking. This might not be a ball, but hot damn. She was gonna be the damn Belle.

----------

Theta was mingling with all the guests that somehow winded up at the most boring of parties ever thrown. Yet, she was there too. Guess she too was a fool. She nodded along to a story some bloke was telling her, trying to make him seem more impressive then he was, when she caught the end of a conversation some of the Scobby Gang were having.

“-this wasn't how it was supposed to happen. You know, I was supposed to tell him at the right moment in the right way, and he was supposed to be ok with it because he loves me”

“We'll help you find him. I just have to accept this thing for Jenna.”

“All right. Well, call me when you're done, and I'll be out looking for him”

Excusing herself from the man, she stalked over to Mystic Falls ‘It’ couple. “Poor, Ms. Forbes.” Stefan stepped in front of his girlfriend, while Elena froze in fear. “Not realizing that humans and vampires don’t mix.” She flashed the infamous Mikaelson smirk. “Quite a tragedy. Something you’ll learn soon, I would imagine.” 

Stefan had a scowl on his face. “What do you want Theta? I doubt you’d try anything here.”

“I’m here to keep up appearances.” She held out her arms to emphasize the point. “One must blend in to keep down suspicion.” She grabbed a glass from a waiter passing by. “Besides, my Father and I were invited. And since he is busy,” The word came out with a slight snarl. “I must attend for the both of us.”  

“How thoughtful of you.” Elena rolled her eyes, still hiding behind her bodyguard.

Theta locked eyes with the Gilbert girl, flashing her bright red eyes. Making her grab her throat in remembrance. “Huh, it seems you do show similarities to Katrina.” She took a step closer. “You both have the seemingly good sense to be frightened.” Theta tipped back her drink, handing the empty glass to Stefan. “Remember, you have thirty-four hours left.” 

She walked away, giving a stereotypical evil laugh.

----------

All of Lockwoods’ guests were huddled in one of the many rooms, as the Mayor announced something that made Theta’s eyes roll. “And here to accept the donation to the Miranda Sommers Gilbert scholarship fund is Elena Gilbert.”

Theta turned out the rest of it, till she heard something going on upstairs.

“What are you doing here?”

“I’m creating a distraction.”

That didn’t sound good, seeing as she never heard the female’s voice before. She quietly escaped the room, before locking eyes with the Salvatore boy. Knowing he heard it too. Just as they left the main room, John Gilbert’s body fell down the stairs. Startling all the humans in the vicinity. 

Theta was the first to reach him, Stefan right after her. Checking him over only to see a vampire bite on the side of his neck. Even if the two vamps weren’t on the same side at all. They once again locked eyes, knowing that whoever did this wanted to make a scene. 

----------

Theta unlocked the apartment door, hanging her purse on the coat rack. Before spotting one of her dad’s suit jackets. Smiling a little. She grabbed it, gently holding it like you would a newborn kitten. Even without bringing it to her nose, she could smell him. Worn out book pages, pen ink, and a hint of her Mother’s favorite cologne.

Theta put it over her shoulder, looking into the hall mirror. Seeing it swallow her alive made her depressing mode lightened just a tiny bit. The Princess made a few silly faces into the mirror, before sighing. She began to hang it back up, when a piece of paper fell from it’s pocket. Tilting her head, she picked it up and began inspecting it. And what she saw brought tears in her eyes.

 It was a picture that Niklaus drew of the four when they lived in NOLA. All smiling, filled with happiness. Nothing but pure love. 

God, her father may have been a dick. But he always loved his little family. 

----------

Small chapter for this episode. 

How do you think Theta’s story is going so far? Do you think Elijah’s and Theta’s relationship will heal quickly or slowly?

Leave your theories in the comments below.

-DA