Disturbing Behavior

Since Rebekah had woken up and had no clothes that fit the new era she was in, she forced her family (plus Stefan) to go shopping for a new wardrobe.

Rebekah pushed the curtain away and strutted up to the boys that were sitting down. "There has to be more to this dress."

"There's not." Klaus grumbles into his champagne.

The blonde admired herself in the mirror, smoothing out the wrinkles of the short dress.

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." The original hybrid said with fake enthusiasm.

Theta broke through the racks with a couple items laying on her arms, passing them to her aunt. "Thank you, Theta." Rebekah smiled before dropping as the music switched songs. "What is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident."

Stefan took a sip of his champagne. "It's dance music."

"People dance to this?" She asked, appalled.

"Hmm." Was all Stefan said as he sipped his drink.

Wishing he never woke up his sister, Klaus leaned his head back. "Are we done?"

Theta's aunt took a few steps towards Nik. "And why are you so grumpy?"

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it."

"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years." She looked at Stefan. "So what do you think?"

"I like it. The vampire said only for her to give him a look. "What? I said I like it."

"Theta?" Her gaze shifted to her niece.

Theta cocked her head to the side. "You can do better."

"See, she is much more helpful than you, Stefan." She goes back into the fitting room.

Klaus turns to the two sharing a seat. "Nice one. Good work."

"You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her." Stefan voiced back, only for Theta to poke him.

"I heard that."

Stefan glanced out the window, only to do a double take once we saw who was outside. Trying to play it cool, he kissed Theta's cheek. "All right. I'm going to get some fresh air." Leaving the trio and exiting the store.

Theta, noticing the strange behavior, watched with suspicion lacing her eyes. Not wanting Stefan to know she was curious about where he was going, decided against following him and just used her super hearing to listen. She followed his footsteps for about a block away before he came to a stop.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"You two look chummy. Klaus, your new bestie?"

The angel tensed up. She sounded just like Elena! But that couldn't be-her thought process paused. Katherine Pierce, the cockroach that just won't die.

She heard him laugh. "You know, if he finds out you're in Chicago, you're dead."

"Happy to know that you still care. So tell me if I'm wrong...Rebekah's necklace that Klaus is looking for...That's the necklace that you gave to Elena."

Elena had her aunt's necklace? That would explain the hint of familiarity the necklace had, she just never questioned it since there were more important things to worry about at the time.