Chapter 3: New Feelings

Sanford was out training the next day. He wanted to be stronger than ever so that he wouldn't die like Deimos. He got tired very quickly but he kept going..and going..and going..The more he trained the more that moment of Deimos' death kept appearing in Sanford's head.

He wasn't over his death, how could he be? He saw his dead body with his own eyes. He just HAD to keep going with the mission and continue as if nothing had happened. He kept going..and going until suddenly..

"Sanford. Enough." Turns out Hank was observing Sanford ever since Sanford was just starting to train. Sanford turned around to see Hank..just..standing there. "Hank..how- how long have you been standing there?" Sanford asked, a bit embarrassed.

"Doesn't matter. Please stop training, I can tell you're really tired." Said Hank, in a somewhat worried tone. "No can do Hank, I gotta keep training." Said Sanford.

"Why though? you're strong enough."

"I just have to, ok?" Sanford answered.

"Sanford. Tell me the truth." Said Hank in a serious tone. Sanford shakes his head. Hank leans his head to the side, looking directly at Sanford. Sanford notices Hank is looking directly at him, he feels like if he says something he might start crying. He didn't want to cry in front of Hank and yet, before Sanford could even talk, he started to cry. He couldn't help it. Hank started walking towards Sanford, Then he stood right in front of Sanford and opened his arms. Sanford 's eyes(?) widen when he sees Hank do this. Hank has always rejected hugs and now he wants to give Sanford a hug? Sanford must really mean alot to Hank then.

Sanford then hugged Hank very tightly and Hank returned the hug to him.

"I'm scared, Hank." said Sanford, still hugging hank.

"What if I end up like Deimos? what if i'm not strong enough..what if.."

"I'm just.. scared. I don't..I don't want to die. It must be easy for you though, I mean you're used to killing since forever."

"not since forever, Sanford. You should know that. I miss having guitar lessons and practicing volleyball. I miss not being in all this mess sometimes. Sometimes I often regret starting all this. But what I truly regret is involving you and Deimos in this." Says Hank.

Sanford only ends up hugging Hank even tighter after he finished saying that. "I'm.. I'm sorry." Says Sanford. "Don't be. It isn't your fault. You tried your best Sanford, I know you could've done everything in your power to keep Deimos alive." Said Hank, trying to comfort Sanford even if he didn't know HOW.

Sanford stops hugging Hank and backs up while trying to clean his tears. "Sorry- sorry. I get it, I get it..Thank you, Hank." Sanford said with a tearful smile. "Stop saying sorry. Nothing is your fault, and..your welcome" Sanford can't see behind Hank's mask, but he can somewhag tell Hank is smiling.

"ALRIGHT- I think that's enough emotions, eh big guy? HA-" Said Sanford with an awkward tone.
Hank tilts his head , showing he's confused as to why Sanford was crying just a second ago and is now laughing. Sanford gets inside the "hideout" feeling very embarrassed plus, he's very red. " I cried, IN FRONT OF HANK! HOW EMBARRASSING IS THAT- they oughta think I'm a crybaby or something JEEZ-" Sanford says in his head while covering his face with his hands. Hank is still standing there, confused. But Hank wishes to have another conversation with Sanford soon, He likes talking to Sanford.