Chapter 5: Heart beats

(This one is long 😭)

I don't think anyone can tell what time it is in Nevada anymore but let's assume it's nighttime. Hank sleeps the second it turns dark. Sanford is lying on the couch, once again his thoughts come rushing in but it's not his usual thoughts. It's just those moments he spent with Hank throughout the days flashing in his brain.

ESPECIALLY that moment where Sanford got a look at his teeth. Sanford's face starts feeling warm and he then covers his face with a nearby pillow out of embarrassment.

"Jesus- when did I start thinking about stuff like that?! keep it together Sanford." Said Sanford yet again, in his brain. He feels intense heartbeats when he looks at Hank sleeping without a care in the world.

Sanford is just staring at Hank but then looks away trying to not think about..whatever he was thinking about. "Maybe I should grab something quick to eat." Sanford stood up and headed towards the mini fridge he and Hank stole some weeks ago. He bends down to grab a soda since the Fridge is super small. When he grabs the soda he turns around and

HANK IS STANDING THERE.

Sanford lets out a shriek and drops the soda. "Let me get that." Sanford refuses "NONO- LET ME GET IT- I CAN GET IT." Sanford gets down to grab the soda but Hank already grabbed it. "Sorry, Here." Sanford looks up at Hank from where he is. Sanford's face gets as warm as ever. He quickly gets up and takes the soda from Hank's hand. "I told you I got it- whatever. Thanks." "What's up with you?" Hank asked. Sanford shakes his head then smiles awkwardly at Hank while moving backwards "It's nothing, really! I've just been a little out of the weather, ya know?? HahA-" Hank is moving towards him while asking questions such as "What do you mean by THAT?" "Are you sick?" "Can I do anything to help?"

Sanford is confused as to why Hank is asking so many questions, he was never this way before. "Why are you even asking SO many questions?! I SAID I'm FINE, just a little bit UNDER THE WEATHER." Sanford responded "I don't even know what that means, Sanford." Sanford lets out an annoyed sigh. "Just- forget about it, okay? I'm fine" Sanford headed back while Hank stayed behind.

Hank follows him just to ask yet again "You're not usually like this. I mean- you're serious and you aren't the type of guy to get- like that." Hank tries to explain to Sanford. Sanford looks at Hank with an annoyed look. "Yeah I could say the same thing about you mister Heartless." Sanford responds to Hank's question (again)

Then, there's this awkward silence that gets interrupted by Hank. "Do you really see me as heartless? Why do you think I'm asking you, brickhead?" Sanford then realizes "oooh shit he was asking because he cares and not just to annoy me" But he mostly focused on the fact Hank called him a brickhead, Sanford has always had a short temper.

"Brickhead? Me?? Do you want to fight or something??" Said Sanford while getting uncomfortably close to Hank to seem "menacing" ..Even if he's way shorter than Hank. Hank can't help but let out a chuckle, not just because he could easily beat the shit out of Sanford, but because he's so uncomfortably close.

"I would, but first you have to back up a little." Said Hank getting a bit closer while tilting his head a tiny bit. Sanford notices he IS extremely close and backs up quickly while looking somewhere else, with his arms crossed, while being extremely red. Hank gets near Sanford and gives him a pat on the back and then a pat on the head, Hank usually does that. "If I ask so many questions it's because I care, Sanford." After saying that, Hank goes back to the hideout to rest again.

"Jesus Christ." Sanford thinks while covering his face with one hand, still being red. Sanford heads back to rest. Those thoughts came back. "GOD DAMN IT" Sanford thought.

Sanford throws a pillow with all his strength to the roof just for the pillow to fall on his face. Sanford lets out an exhausted sigh.