Chapter 1: The Portal Opens

It was a nice day in the CrossOver PentHouse. Birds were singing, flowers were blooming. On days like these... Oliver was working on another invention. She blew her cinnamon colored hair out of her face, she pushed her golden rimmed glasses against her face. The sounds of gears and screws spinning around her head, the cranking of the wrench against bolts were music to her ear. She wiped some sweat off of her smooth, pale, sand colored skin. She waltzed over to a table with a monitor, and she turned it on with a press of a button.

'Blip bloop Beeeep... Welcome, user: Oliver!'

"Eureka! It truly works like a charm!" Oliver shouted in glee. She clicked her charcoal black boots on the floor in excitement! The sounds floating through the air, grabbing attention of someone. The steps that were echoing down were not in a pattern that Oliver immediately recognized, "Hello, Ms.Rosario." "Heya Ollie! Y'ain't gotta refer to me by my last name. But how are ya?" Alex asked, giving Oliver a noogie on the head, slightly ruffling up her long, cinnamon hair. Mildly annoyed, Oliver straightened her hair and her brown overall dress, she fiddled with the cuffs if her snow white sweater.

"If you must inquire... I am fine. But I finished an invention that I have been working on ages ago. If it hasn't been a day in 10 years..." Oliver smiled softly. The invention was a sort of round metallic frame being held up by some aluminum bars. There were some tesla coils, where the electricity to power the portal. Different colors and shapes of electricity bounced ecstatic and excited. The slightest sightings of sights, sounds seemed to catch Alex off guard. But Alex's attention was a fish out of water.

"Wowzas, Ollie! Ya out did'ja self! Ya truly blew me outta water. I-I'm speechless!" Alex giggled, her voice filled with jolly emotions, glee and excitement. Oliver smiled brightly. Her chocolate orbs that were her eyes had pride and prejudice written onto them. "Do you desire to test it out, Alex?" Oliver asked, her eyes glanced to alex as she sat back to the monitor. Alex's eyes lit up with an excitement, she felt inticed to do so. "Boy do I?! I will!" Alex shouted out proudly. Oliver turned on the monitor. She clicked and typed, the clacking of keys echoed in the room. "And... Open!" Oliver mumbled to herself.

A couple of sparks jumped out of the tesla coils. Shades of bred, blue, green, yellow, pink, cyan, lilac, indigo, lime, and orange bursted out of the bulbs. A line appeared infront of Alex, a seemingly thin line of white light appeared in the metallic circle. A few colors spiraled around the white light. Then it vanished. Alex looked confused, and tilted her head. Suddenly, a bunch of bright colors filled the portal! There were spots if scarlet, turquoise, vermilion, there were multiple colors flying out of what seemed to be an orb of light in the middle of the metallic ring. Then, the portal was finished. It was almost like an RGB keyboard, switching between different colors. "Woah! That was fantabulous, Ollie!" Alex hollered, moving the candy red curls of her hair out of her face, her electric emerald green eyes sparkling like diamonds.

"Well, where do you wish to go?" "I dunno, somewhere I can have some adventure, and fun!" Alex yelled, her pride and excitement would soon get the best of her, but she did not know that. She straightened her cornflower blue shirt a bit, and tightened the laces on her ebony black boots. Oliver typed up something on the monitor,

'click-click clack-clack-clack tak-tak-tak-tak-tak'

"There are plenty of universes that are fairly safe but fun" Oliver acknowledged. Alex stroked her face, poking the freckles on her ivory skin. Her nose twitched a bit as her thoughts were racing for a finish line that didn't exist. Alex had the lightbulb go off upstairs, she had an idea. Alex smirked smugly, and whistled through her teeth. She glanced over at Oliver, her eyes filled with confidence, "Suprise me, Ollie. It don't matter a thing t'me." Alex chuckled, confidence oozed like an open wound for her. Oliver looked at the monitor, thinking of many different universes to go to. Places of candy islands, soda dripping down the rocks, and lemonade oceans caught their interest. "Ok Alex, I believe that I have selected an ideal place. How does candied island sound to you?" "Ooh, sounds amazing!" Alex cheered bubbly, her voice bouncing around like a rubber ball.

Oliver spun around in the chair, "Right-o, then! Just stand on the platform!" Oliver pointed to a metallic staircase, about 3 or 4 steps high. At the top of the stairs was a bright red welcome mat. Alex did not mind it, and she shrugged it off. As alex stepped onto the platform, she played with her candy apple red hair. She waited as Oliver was fumbling away at the computer.

"Uh oh-" "Hm?" Alex hummed. Oliver's expression went from a sunny bright smile to a somberly worried succumb of an expression. Alex couldn't put her finger onto as why Oliver was having a panic at the disco. "Hey Alex, you wouldn't mind a miniscule mistake momentarily, would you?" "Oh I wouldn't mind a mat-" "Because I did not click candied island-" Oliver shuddered nervously, twiddling her fingers. Alex raised an eyebrow 'Well where in the bloody hell am I going?!' Alex panicked in thought. This was the most anxious Alex was ever, although her tough, rock-like exterior would not show it. Her pupils were the size of pebbles, the once happy, jolly emotions felt like a hand being crushed by a mallet for poor Alex. "WELL WHERE THE FUCK IS IT TAKIN' ME THEN?!" Alex screamed in a frantic panic. Oliver covered her ears and cried out, "I ACCIDENTLY CLICKED ON THE MIXELS UNIVERSE, OK?!"

Alex cooled down, and saw that Oliver seemed disgruntled by the volume of Alex's voice. "Ey, I'm sorry for my voice being raised at ya-" "I'd worry about the portal sucking you in-" "Huh?" Alex grunted in confusion. Oliver sighed, and played with her hair nervously
"I forgot the portal sucks people in, it's not a walk in..." Alex's face was a pale alabaster hue. It was as if she had seen a ghost. The portal's gravitational pull latched onto Alex, which was an unpleasant suprise. Oliver held onto Alex's hand, gripping tightly onto the table of which the monitor sat. The portal was glowing shades of green, from chartreuse, castleton green, slimy green, lime, olive, even seafoam! The grip from Oliver's hand loosened, "Wait! I still have qUESTIONS-"

Alex's grip lost itself, the pull of the portal yanked Alex into it. Oliver was terrified of what was happening, horror hopped on to her once hopeful face. Oliver let out a few tears, "ALEX! NO!" Oliver yelled out, fearing for her friend's life, "It's alright, Ollie, you can let go" Alex sighed somberly. Oliver cried a bit, letting out a few sniffles, but knowing it was what Alex wanted, she let go. Before she could do anything else, Alex was sucked into the portal, and it closed. The wide, vast shades of green, now into a white line of light. Oliver glanced again...

But there was nothing there...

"Shit!" Oliver yelled, slamming her fist on the ground, an enragement, erupting from her soul, rapturing her peaceful aura. Her breath shook, still scared for her friend, frightened of what would happen, "I know it was on the safe universes list, but I have not tested it out yet..." Oliver reminded herself. Crystal clear tears, running down her soft porcelain cheeks. She wiped them away without a care in the world, and went back to the monitor. "I will get you back Alex... No matter how many tries it takes."

MEANWHILE WITH ALEX

Alex fell from the portal onto the ground, her head hitting a rock. A loud thud could be heard, "MOTHER FUCKER!" She howled out in pain, holding her head. She held out her hand and saw some blood, "That-that's not good..." She mumbled to herself. "What the schnix was that?!" A loud, scratchy voice questioned. As soon as she heard, Alex tried to look around, but she was starting to black out. She could make out a few colors, like shades of black, red, orange and some yellows. She could not fully see the scenery, for she was blacking out. However, she did here some voices.

"Woah! What was that?" A mildly annoying yet energized voice asked, "Well uh... I dunno." Another, soft and quiet voice replied. "Dude, I think whatever happened, it happened over there!" A voice with a surfer dude like tone pointed out. The voices seemed to get closer to where Alex was at. Alex could not make out the voices entirely, as they were unfamiliar. She heard the voices talk, but what they were saying was like static, not quite easy to understand and incoherent. Alex mumbled something under her breath, "... urg... W-where?" and she soon passed out.