Chapter 4: A Shocking Suprise!

As Alex was waltzing around, looking at the sights, she saw a house. It looked like a metallic electric statue one would see outside, but yellow and seemingly had 2 tesla coil looking contraptions on the roof, a light lavender-blue, glowing orb on both of the coils. "I think this is the place." Alex told herself. She was full of hope, had a pocket full of sunshine. She took a deep breath, and ate a cookironi, and smiled. As soon as she gained the courage, she knocked on the door.

Knock knock knock knock

"The door is*bzzzzt* open!" A voice called out. The voice had a vague Austrian accent. Alex opened the door slightly and peeked out a bit, and saw 3 more mixels. One had a tesla coil on the top of of it's head, with two lightning bolt attachments on the top, the same lavender-blue color she saw on the tesla coils on the house, and it had an under bite. Another was one with hair that sorta looked like it had hair, standing upright. He had fingertips the same lavender-blue color. The last one was a cyclops with an underbite, a tail with the same lightning bolt attachments on the other creature. They were eating sandwiches of sorts, but the meat was unidentifiable.

"Uh... Hello?" Alex questioned entering, opening the door fully. The three creatures looked at her. There was an awkward silence. The three creatures took a moment to look at her details. The candy apple red coils of hair, her pale, freckled skin, her bright emerald green eyes, her 5"5 stature, and the small tooth gap in her confused grimace. The one with the hair screamed "Who are you?! What do you want with us*bzzzzt*?!" it's voice was high in pitch, she herd a sort of Jersey-esque accent. "They probably want us*BZZZZZT* dead!" the one with the tesla coil panicked. The cyclops had a determined look on his face.

"No! We must face this*bzzzzzt* foe!" the cyclops demanded, shaking his fist in the air. The two other creatures looked at eachother, the same determination. The cyclops pointed it's tail at Alex, and shot a beam of electricity. It hit Alex, square in her hair. It didn't feel like a sweet yet somber kiss of death, but more so the angry punch of a taser. She flopped on the ground, her body not moving. "God... Damn it..." Alex muttered, her voice fading from her mouth. She felt like her subconsciousness was clinging to her tired self. The cyclops looked concerned, "T-they're not moving." his eye widened a bit. The one with the tesla coil poked Alex... No response.

"Oh schnix*bzzzzzt*, what have we done?! We killed this*bzzzzt* poor woman!" The cyclops panicked. The fear in his voice woke Alex, the loud volume causing her to panic a bit herself. She decided not to move in fear of being tased again. She felt some sort of static cling attract her. The field pulled her from her noisily calm spot. She decided not to do anything. Eventually, she knew where the static cling was coming from. It was from the mixel with the up-standing hair. He seemed to be anxious and panicked. He glanced around the room, his pupils running and darting across the room. The sweat flowing out of him could have flooded the place if possible.

"What are we gonna do?! I can't have this*bzzzzzt* be happening! I can't go to jail! I'm to young to die! AAAAAAH!!" they yelled out. His voice shrilled, and caused Alex to cover their ears. This moment was vexatious, more so than when Alex met Zorch. Alex crossed her arms, and rolled her eyes, "Y'know that I ain't dead, right?" she sneered sweetly. Her emerald eyes glanced around the place. She sighed and held the bridge of her nose. Alex felt that this was embarrassing for both her and the mixels she was around with. There was an awkward silence that swept through the room. "Hahahahahaha! Well *bzzzzt*sorry about what happened! Hahahahahahaha!" The mixel with the hair laughed, his high-pitched and loud voice shrilling through the silence.

The mixel with the tesla coil on his head sort of stood there awkwardly. He pulled put one of the sandwiches, "Want a hamlogna *bzzzzzzt*sandwich?" "Zaptor! This*bzzzzt* poor gal just got electrocuted! Let them process*bzzzt* what happened at least!" The cyclops growled. Alex chuckled, smiling softly. She didn't even seem to have a chip of anger in her, let alone an ounce of any disgruntled emotions. "Eh, relax! And yes, I'd take a sandwich. Anyway, I heard that you guys can get me back to-" "Your dimension, yeah! Krader told us you were coming to ask us*bzzzzzt* that. Oh! I'm Teslo! The one who offered you the sandwich was *bzzzzt*Zaptor, and the one who laughs a lot is Volectro!"

Alex had looked shocked! She didn't know that Krader would have told them in advance! Why did they shock her in the first place? She took a bite of the sandwich she was offered. The meat tasted like a mix of ham and bologna. She enjoyed it unexpectedly. "Unfortunately, we don't know the technology used to make the portal-" "YOU WHAT?!" Alex screeched. She looked upset. It was like a tornado was in effect in her heart.

"W-well was*bzzzzt* there anyone controlling the portal?" Teslo questioned, his voice quaking nervously. Alex's expression went from an animalistic anger, back to a neutral expression. "One of my good ol' pals was operatin' the portal. Oliver, I just refer to them as Ollie." She explained. Teslo nodded. "Well, they can probably re-open the portal-" Teslo explained. Alex tapped her foot a bit. She sighed, disappointment in her voice and soul. She sighed, "Well, I appreciate that you fellas tried to help a gal out." Alex sighed. She let out a slightly soft smile, her eyes seeming less like sharp, soul piercing knives, and felt like there was genuine emotions and not sarcasm. Volectro glanced at Alex, and hugged her.

"Wh-" "No need to stress." Volectro reassured her. Alex hugged back. After 45 seconds the hug was let go. "Well, I better be on my way! Bye, fellas!" Alex hooted out hopefully. "Bye, Alex*bzzzzt*! Stay *bzzzzzt*safe!" Zaptor waved. The other electroids waved their goodbyes to Alex. Alex waved goodbye, a pep in her step and a gleam in her eye! And she ventured off! It was a big world for Alex, and she would look around for a way out! While she was wandering, waltzing and walking aimlessly, the temperature was suddenly colder. A chill ran down Alex's spine.

"Why the hell is it colder than a polar bear's toe nails?!" Alex questioned. She looked around to see a winter wonderland of sorts. There were truck loads of snow, it was like a blank canvas of white. The scenery seemed different, as the other areas seemed warm or hot, this was more cold. A bit too cold for Alex. She shivered in her boots, "God. Fucking. Damnit..." she mumbled, a fiery rage in her voice.

to be continued... in the next chapter