Chapter 2: What is This Place?!

Alex soon woke up, her head feeling dizzy from the inevitable accident. 'Damn... I knew the portal would drop me off, but not literally!' Alex thought to herself. She looked around a but to see where she was at. It seemed to be a bit of a volcanic territory, with lava and fire 'Oh dont worry, it's safe! WELL WHAT THE FU-' Before Alex could finish, her train of thought, she heard those same voices. "W-what are they?!" The soft voice asked, seemingly being in a panic, as if they saw a monster. "Whatever, it just fell from the sky! As if I care!" the annoying slightly loud voice insulted. "I am not an it!" Alex yelled as she jumped up. Her face was fuming, red like the lava in the scenery. Steam practically came from her ears like she was a tea kettle. Alex looked around to see the perpetrator, however, to no avail, there was nobody. "What in the goddamn-" Alex pondered, frantically searching. She felt a tugging on her pant leg, "Uh down here, dude-" The surfer voice explained. Before the voice could finish, Alex looked down.

The voice came from a red bird like entity, but not like what Alex had seen. They had no feathers, but they did not seem metallic like the animatronics she saw at Freddy's, let alone any building material. The creature seemed to be organic and life-like. The bird like creature seemed to have some prong like structures it's head, carrying fire. Alex looked baffled, nothing living should be on fire! Let alone only have it not spread to other parts! This was madness to Alex. "P-pardon me?" Alex asked, wanting an explanation of what was happening.

"Or dudette. Whichever one you prefer." The bird said, almost surprised "Wow, you are tall." the bird silently smiled. "Hello mr... Oh, I mean ms. I-I'm sorry." The softer voice apologized. It came from a small, red cyclops, who had glowing orange finger-tips, black cat like ears, and what seemed to be an under bite. "Oh no, it's alright! I am ok with whatever you may call me!" Alex smiled softly. Her eyes were still filled with a confusion, but she was sort of getting used to new company. "So, lady-" Another creature said, a shade if scarlet, a more human like appearance, but not quite human. The creature had an under bite like the cyclops, but eyebrows that were thicker than a bowl of oatmeal. Alex sighed, "This one I know is gonna give me lip. Listen, don't call me lady if ya wanna keep ya teeth in, m'kay?"

"Zorch, at least be nice to them. They hit their head on a rock and-" "The poor woman is probably confused!" The cyclops panicked out in a yell. They were screaming bloody murder for no reason. Alex jumped a bit, thinking that someone got hurt. Alex blinked and looked around once more, trying to see clues of where they were at, "Who are you? Where am I? Am I in hell? Is this hell? Are you demons?! No wait, you fellas are too cute and small to be damning my soul. Is this heaven? Am I in Nevada?" Alex questioned, confused. Questions kept running out of their mouth. It was obvious that Alex had felt anxious. She played with her hair, twiddled her fingers and thumbs, tapping her feet even! The questions were endless at this point. "Dudette! Chill! You're fine!" the bird like being calmed Alex. Alex glanced over down at them, and smiled softly. Her smile was warm like tea, but oozed emotions.

"My name's Flain. The one who called you lady is Zorch. And the one who apologized for calling you mr. is Vulk. We are the infernites! And you are?" Flain asked. Alex was spaced out, but she suddenly snapped back to reality. Her emerald green eyes blinked in shock! "Who? Me? Uh- Well, My name is Alex!" she smiled out. "Alex, huh? Nice name for someone who fell out of a portal! Hahaha!" Zorch chuckled teasingly, messing with Alex's curls. Alex rolled her eyes to the skies. She knew that one of them would be an annoyance to her already disgruntled self. Zorch leaned against her shoulder, "Say, what was the deal with that portal thingy, anyway?" "Well, it's a long story, but to shorten it, there was a miss click, and now I'm here!" Alex nervously admitted. She rubbed the back of her neck as she was thinking. Her expression seemed somehow sorrowed. Flain took a quick notice of this.

"Hey, Al. Is everything alright, dudette?" He asked, his voice looping around Alex's head like a cassette tape. She sighed with an abundance of guilt, "I'm just worried about my friend Ollie. She must be worried sick about me. Poor gal must've sobbed up an ocean!" Alex placed her head in her hands, dreading of how her friend had been holding the hellish thoughts up. They couldn't bare to think of how Oliver drowned in her own tears, just the slightest thought sent Alex into a straightforward spiral of concern, anxiety, and despair.

Flain gained a bright idea. He was wondering to visit the cragsters earlier. Flain tapped Alex's shoulder to grasp her attention. Alex's eyes looked up, filled with a determined insecurity. Her once soft smile into a slightly hardened, more hopeful frown. Something told Flain that her soul needed fun, and her aura needed friendship, as Alex was unfamiliar with the surroundings. "Hey, Al!" "Huh?" "We was gonna go visit our cragster compadres! You wanna join?" Flain implored to Alex. This question seemed to repeat in Alex's head, almost like an MP3 player that's stuck on replay. She had no idea that there were more of these little creatures, as for the infernites were up to hip-thigh height. Alex lifted her stature and repositioned her 5"5 frame from a depressing slouch to a high-rise, chin up, cross legged poise of confidence. "'Course, Flain! I like to meet new potential pals!" She confidently chuckled. She got up and headed off with the infernites.