━ ALL I EVER ASKED

( 2

( 2.07, the lost sister! )

( nothing compares to the trouble that i've been through

that i've been through.
it was all i ever asked of you. )

     "AND THIS... memory your mother shared, that is your only memory of us?" Kali asked Jane. The sisters had made their way up to the rooftops where Jane had started telling them how exactly she found them, how she even remembered them in the first place and how she was living her life.

"Yes." Nani had noticed that Janes answers were very minimal. She hasn't figured out if she was holding something back or if she just didn't have much to say.

"And how long have you been with this police man?" Kali asked the girl another question. Nani had been sitting an silence for the most part, trying to take in all this new information.

"327 days."

"And this guy thinks he can work out a deal to keep you safe?" Nani broke her silence. She didn't know if this police man could be trusted. And she needed to keep her sister safe. What if he was running tests on her when she was sleeping or something? What if he followed her here?

"Yes. He says soon" Janes answers made Nani aware that Jane clearly had a lot of faith in this police officer. That she believed he would succeed in this mission. Nani didn't think so. So much so that when Jane answered she almost let out a scoff.

"He's naive." Kali speaks Nani's thoughts out loud. People like them would never be safe. Nani was well aware of that. "We will always be monsters to them, do you understand?" Kali finished with urgency in her voice. Jane hesitated for a moment before nodding.

"Let me guess. Your police man, he also stops you from using your gifts?" Kali asked making Nani want to roll her eyes. Jane nodded confirming said theory.