━━ EXCEPT ME

( 2.09 )

( i wish i never evertold you all about it )

told you all about it )

"IT'S NOT LIKE it was before." Hopper sighed as he told everyone about the gate. "It's grown. A lot. And I mean, that's considering we can get in there. That place is crawling with those dogs." Nani guessed that's what they were calling that thing that attacked her and Jane and that's blood was currently still on her."Demo-dogs." Dustin told him, making Hopper stare at him for a moment in confusion. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I said, uh, demo-dogs." The younger boy repeated. "Like demogorgon and dogs."

What the hell was a demogorgon?

"You put them together, it sounds pretty badass—"

"How is this important right now?" Hopper spoke over him, not understanding what he was talking about. "It's not. I'm sorry." Dustin ended the conversation.

"I can do it." Jane spoke up from beside Nani. Everyone knew what she was talking about with no explanation needed. Nani could feel Janes determination so strongly she was starting to feel it herself.

"You're not hearing me."

"I'm hearing you." Jane insisted. "I can do it." She repeated again.

"Even if El can, there's still another problem." Mike said before elaborating. "If the brain dies, the body dies." He continued. "I thought that was the whole point." Max, the ginger girl, said with her eyebrows furrowed.

"It is," Mike confirmed "but if we're really right about this. I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayers army..."

"Will's a part of that army." Lucas realized, finished Mikes sentence.

"Closing the gate will kill him."

No one said anything as everyone looked around at each other. Nani had no clue who Will was but she could feel Jane become conflicted so clearly he held a lot of meaning to her and everyone else in the room. She didn't want to seem rude but she just had to ask.

"Who's Will?"

━━

Everyone made their way into a bedroom down one of the halls. On the bed there was a boy in a hospital down, laying on his back, dead asleep.

Nani could feel many emotions coming from him. Panic, anger, fear, power. It was many emotions that were almost complete opposites all coming from the same person. And she couldn't shut them out.

"He likes it cold." Joyce said, breaking the silence that had fallen over the group, looking between Will and the window.

"What?"

"That's what Will kept saying to me." The older woman elaborated. "He likes it cold." She said again, walking over to the window and shutting it. "We keep giving it what it wants."