Ambush

"How long until we can start?" The breathy, impatient voice tickles the hairs on the back of Jasusi's neck. 

"Shut up, Kijana!" The whiny little honey badger loves to irritate Jasusi. The serval growls under her breath. "Oh, if you weren't the child of Bunga..." 

"I heard that!" The high-pitched voice comes again from behind. "If you say that to me again, I'll tell my father and he'll have you killed!" 

Jasusi laughs. "Your father can't do anything about me, without the permission of the rest of the council. And there's no way in hell he's ever going to get that!" 

Kijana snarls. "Shut up, bitch!" 

Jasiri turns slowly around, her eyes ice cold yet full of blazing fire. "What the fuck did you just say?" 

"I-I said...n-nothing, Jasusi." He stutters. Jasusi snorts. 

"That's what I thought," she muttered, turning back around to watch the path in front of them. 

"There," she spits out. She juts her head in the direction of the patrol coming down the overgrown road. 

Four jackals and a hyena. She snorted quietly. These brutes again, when would Vita learn that these thugs could do nothing against clever animals like her. 

Although, they probably could beat the snot out of Kijana. But that wasn't saying much, she mused. She bet even Ono could beat up Kijana, if he wasn't a pacifist. 

She sighed silently, and motioned to Kijana to crouch down. 

They both crouched and looked upon as the patrol quickly came towards them on the path. They were relaxed, and none of them were paying attention to the their surroundings. Fatal mistake. 

Now, she mouths to Kijana. They pounce. Jasusi lands on the hyena's back and tackles him to the ground, and accidentally hitting his head against a stray rock. Oops, he'd be out for a while. 

She moves on to the others. While Kijana was a stupid honey badger, he did have decent fighting moves, better than most other new recruits his age. 

But she was better, obviously. After he managed to gas two of them, which Jasusi managed to barely avoid, Jasusi took out the last two jackals, bashing their skulls together. 

"Back to camp," she says. "Jasiri wants us to report in soon." 

Kijana nods. And the two lope off back into the woods, but not before leaving a mark in the dirt. 

A lion's head roaring. The sign of the Lion Guard, and the symbol of the Resistance.