Report

The cave was shadowed in darkness. Two guards stood at the entrance. Both hyenas, both thuggish and fairly easy to beat. If she had to. 

An average-looking figure, cloaked in the shadows, approached Pride Rock's Royal Cave. The two guards noticed her and growled. 

"Halt," said the slightly older one. "This is for the Jackal Queen only." 

The figure grinned. "I have a meeting with our queen."  

The two guards glanced at each other. The older one snorted, but the younger one hesitated. They turned their brown and grey backs on her and conferred over it for a couple of seemingly prolonged seconds. Finally, they turned back to her. She already knew what their answer would be. 

"Alright, you can go in," said the younger one, nodding forward into the dark opening to the cave. "The Queen will be expecting you." 

The figure nodded. "I would expect nothing less from Her Royal Majesty." 

She walked in, her claws clicking and clacking on the rocky stone ground of the dark cave. A long slab of stone sat in the middle of the room, flanked by two more guards, both jackals. The Jackal Queen sat majestically on her throne, the gold crown lying between her two ears and a devilish grin on her face. 

The figure bowed. "My queen," she said. "I have a report." 

The queen leaned forward in interest. "Speak." 

"My queen, the rebels have recruited a leopard named Chuki who has fought some of your hyenas before. The serval Jasusi, who is working with Lezi to locate and eradicate our spy, was against his recruitment. Jasiri was very much for it, Your Majesty." 

The queen nodded her head slowly in thought. "I see. I want to know what this leopard knows and whether we can recruit him to join our cause." She stood up. "Go and return back to them, but report back to me as soon as new information is revealed. Do you understood?" 

The figure nods. "Yes, Your Highness." They get and head out of the cave, disappearing back into the shadows as Vita settles back on her throne with an evil smirk on her face.