Chapter 3 ! Trigger Warning ! abuse

Vi POV

I was content with my conversation with Tobias. I believe he's gonna be a real good friend.

Amar led us to the fear simulation room. I've never heard of it. It's apparently where you go to experience your worst fears.

"Alrighty so, this is the fear simulation room, we don't usually do this first but we're trying out a lot of new stuff," Amar said.

"Suspiciously a lot of new stuff," I muttered to Zeke.

"Yeah, if something works in Dauntless, we don't change it, the initiation program has worked for centuries, there's no reason to bring in new stuff," Shauna added.

We had missed a bit and Eric was now going first.

"This should be good," I said to Tobias, "This guy's gotta have at least twenty fears."

"Yeah," Tobias said.

And the show began. 

()()()

It took a while to get through everyone since Amar was insistent on me going last. He said something about 'oh, you're the first jumper, so you should go last'. I think it's a load of crap.

"Vi," I looked up at Amar, "Your turn."

"Finally," I breathed, standing from my spot on the floor.

We walked into the stark white room with mirrors on all the walls, like the rooms for the aptitude tests. I stood in the middle of the room, facing the large glass one-way window.

"Is this room a replica of one of the ones used for aptitude testing?" I asked.

"Essentially, yeah," Amar said, moving to inject me with the serum.

I felt the needle hit my neck, but it didn't go in.

"You having trouble?" I asked Amar.

"You seem to have a very muscular neck," Amar said, trying again to inject me.

He tried a few more times before I got fed up and grabbed the needle.

"What are you doing?" Amar asked.

"I'm doing it myself," I said before slamming the head of the needle into the side of my neck, it was painful, but I pushed down on the plunger before ripping the needle out.

Right before I blacked out, I felt a warm trickle of blood slip down my neck from where I had torn my skin.

As the simulation started, I continued to feel conscious. As my first fear began, I felt my shirt and pants fall away, leaving me in my sports bra and boxers. I instinctively wrapped my arms around my torso, hiding my toned stomach as my breathing quickened.

The hallway I was in was dark, but there was a light at the end. I walked slowly toward the end of the hallway and realized the light was coming from a cluster of candles. My breathing and heart rate both intensified as I walked into the room. I was greeted by a faceless man, his skin shifting colors quickly. He was only wearing boxers.

"Come on, Vi," that was the first sign that this was not right.

If I was going to be dressed like this in front of anyone who's dressed like, they need to call me by my full name, especially in a situation like this.

"Come to bed," he said.

I shook my head and turned and ran down the hallway. I heard someone running after me.

"Come on, baby! I just wanna have some fun!" the man was suddenly directly in front of me, gripping my biceps.

"Let go," I said firmly.