Chapter 125

Chapter 125 – The Mysterious Red Lotus

The sage apothecary was in the courtyard exercising when he coincidentally heard her last sentence, teasing, “Little girl, you’re trying to coax your grandfather by using my name?”

After coming back from selling medicine and handing a hundred silvers and five hundred silvers worth of banknotes to him, the sage apothecary held in his shock. Thankfully, he wasn’t exposed. He was confused when he heard his precious disciple talking about selling some sort of instant heart-reliever pills.

After Gu Xiao left the money with them, his disciple explained the entire event to him. It was then that he realized his disciple used his “name” again. Of course, he wouldn’t miss the opportunity to see the effect of the “instant heart-reliever pills.”

Gu Ye had stocked “instant reliever pills” in his storage and it was a purely traditional Chinese medicine prescription. It was of superior quality and even the sage apothecary praised it. He was more and more curious towards his discipline’s Hua Tuo-like medicinal skills and manufacturing skills. He promised the Hall Master of Hidden Soul that he wouldn’t press about her past. He acted blind towards the “surprise” she gave him from time to time.

“Master, can you give me a few bottles of the ointment you produced in a bit?” Gu Ye shouted loudly at the sage apothecary, her back towards her grandfather’s room as she gave her master a look.

The sage apothecary finished his last move and then tapped the girl smiling mischievously. Moodily, “Don’t you have all my medicines? Just take whatever you need.”

“I know that master adores me!” Gu Ye revealed a splendid smile seeing her master’s cooperation. She stuck her tongue out at him and then made a cute ugly face.

“You cheeky girl. Stop flattering this master. Didn’t you say you want to learn how to make Golden Sore Ointment? Get over here.” The sage apothecary was really satisfied with his disciple’s talent in medicine. Even his carefully chosen senior disciple who took after him was inferior to her. In just a month, she learned how to concoct the majority of the medicinal ingredients there were. Of course, she was also hardworking. It was time to teach her how to make some drugs.

Gu Ye walked a few steps towards her master and prepared the ingredients to make the Golden Sore Ointment. The sage apothecary looked at her and said, “Look carefully. I’m only explaining once. It’s up to you how much you comprehend from this.”

The sage apothecary went over the process slowly. While making the ointment, he explained in detail to his disciple. When they approached crucial steps, he would even ask the girl if she understood. Just like this. One carefully taught while the other paid attention. Up until lunchtime. They finally created a superior quality Golden Sore Ointment through the sage apothecary’s hands.

All of the sage apothecary’s medicinal ingredients and drugs had their own distinctiveness. Those that were familiar with his style could tell with one glance. The effect of his medicine was much better than ordinary apothecaries. This was also one of the reasons why he was fawned upon.

“Here, talk to this master. How much did you retain?” Through this interaction, the sage apothecary knew that his disciple was smart. But he didn’t expect Gu Ye to perfectly explain the process of the Golden Sore Ointment. Even the parts he emphasized with her.

“Good, good!” The sage apothecary was reassured. He looked at his disciple in satisfaction and exclaimed, “Here, create the ointment for this master to see.”

“Old brother Zheng, rest first. We can finish lunch and then start.” Because the sage apothecary didn’t want to reveal his identity, Gu Xiao called him “old brother.”