Chapter 137

Chapter 137 – Unruly Girl

“Who was the poor one that couldn’t even afford a bracelet and had to claim the ruby on it was fake?” Gu Ye never allowed anyone to talk smack about her. She walked to the young lady clad in red and squeezed the girl to the side. “Shopkeeper, show me the embedded ruby bracelet!”

“You!” The girl stamped on her feet and said angrily, “Who are you calling poor? Who wouldn’t be able to afford that damned bracelet? We just think it’s not worthy of that much money!”

“Who said it’s not worth fifty silver taels? You guys are ignorant. Look at the five rubies. It’s an authentic bloody red color. It’s beautiful and pure, flawless. The rubies were embedded in just the right place, eluding its nobleness and gracefulness. If it was in the capital, just one ruby would be worth more than fifty silver taels!” After she finished examining it, she casted an arrogant side glance at the young lady as if saying “ignorant country bumpkin!”
The girl stamped on her feet. If the woman wasn’t there to stop her, she would’ve pounced on Gu Ye and started to scratch her. Receiving the woman’s gaze, the lady’s chest heaved up and down, taking a deep breath.

Sneering, “What’s the point of saying all of this? If the bracelet is actually that nice, why don’t you buy it? Oh, I know! Look at your shabby outfit. You don’t seem to be able to afford the jewelry! Then why are you here trying to argue? Scram! Get lost!”

“Can’t afford it? Stop judging us by our looks! I wonder who, of the two of us, actually can’t afford this huh?!” Gu Ye took out five ingots of ten silver taels and slapped it against the table. “Shopkeeper, wrap the bracelet up for me!”

Gu Li’er hurriedly tugged on Gu Ye’s clothes and shot her a gaze. That was fifty silver taels. Even if they saved all their income for a decade, they might not have enough! It wasn’t worth showing off to buy a bracelet that couldn’t even be used for food!

The girl clad in red detected their movement and snorted. “You should listen to your mother and sister. You’re going to endure the consequences for trying to look cool. Fifty silver taels is probably your family’s annual income right? If you use it all to buy a bracelet, then how is your family going to survive?”

“Heh! At least I had fifty silver taels to spend and look cool. Why don’t you try and look cool too huh? Some people may act wealthy and glamorous on the surface but they don’t even have money on them. Who gave you the guts to call someone poor huh?” Gu Ye crossed her arms over her chest and copied the girl’s sharp tone.

“You— just you wait! I’ll have my father teach you a lesson!” The girl stamped her feet and left the jewelry store crying.

...
“Wow, I scolded you and now you’re going to bring your father over huh? Let’s see. What sort of father could raise a daughter like her?” Gu Ye was fearless. It seemed as if she wasn’t afraid to knock them out with her drug before leaving. What? They’ll chase her to the mountains?

“Young lady, watch your mouth!” The beautiful lady’s face turned ashen with anger. She knew that they were the ones at fault which was why she barely said anything.

Gu Ye lifted her brows and sneered, “How come you didn’t tell your young miss to watch her mouth when she was insulting us? I’m just copying what she did to us. Shopkeeper, I want the bracelet. Wrap it up for me.”

The shopkeeper of the jewelry store could tell she wasn’t from a wealthy family from her outfit but he was unable to distinguish her identity from her temperament and imposing manner when she was insulting people. Maybe…she was a young miss from a family who wanted to disguise herself when leaving the house? What was today? Why are there so many prominent people in town?