Chapter 132

Chapter 132 – Magnificent Hospitality

“Divine physician, you finally graced us with your presence! I’m going to run out of medicine if you don’t come. You came in time!” Master Ding seemed like an orphan who had just met his family for the first time when he saw Gu Ye. Tears warmed his eyes and he wore a grateful expression. If Gu Ming hadn’t stopped him, he would’ve hugged Gu Ye!

Gu Ye’s gaze was on him momentarily before she smiled faintly. “I haven’t seen you in half a month or so and you seem to be in a much better state.” After controlling his diet and exercising some more, Master Ding had become much skinnier. His eyes also appeared to be bigger and he appeared happier. Not bad.

Master Ding also smiled, praising, “It’s all thanks to you! I strictly followed the diet and training you planned out for me. I also took my medicine on time. My heart stopped thumping rapidly now and I don’t feel out of breath.”
“Good! But you still need to take the medicine. You also need to maintain a good diet and keep exercising. That way, you won’t need to worry about your condition worsening. Also, be mindful of your emotions and make sure not to overwhelm yourself.” With the current conditions, it was a luxury to do surgery. Gu Ye needed to slowly relieve Master Ding’s illness.

“Yes, I will make sure to listen to your advice.” Master Ding rubbed his hands together and continued, “My father has been thinking about you. He wants to personally thank you. If it weren’t that he had just fallen asleep, I would have supported him over to thank you. If it seems like we’ve neglected you, please be understanding and forgiving!”

“His Lord is too polite! The physician’s heart is with its people. I believe that any physician, as long as there’s a glimpse of hope, they won’t give up on their patients. I’m just following the morals of a physician.” Gu Ye was familiar with pleasantries. In her past life, someone had substituted for as she was too lazy to go to dinner parties.

Gu Ming held the cup of tea in his hands and looked surprisingly at his sister. Could learning medicine change a person’s personality? His originally fearful and timid sister had become confident and determined now. He was grateful for Grandfather Zheng from the bottom of his heart and he was willing to see his sister’s changes.

“You have the demeanor of a divine physician.” Master Ding paused before saying, “You might’ve heard but a lot of our Ding Family members have heart problems. My great aunt has the same symptoms as me, a bit more serious than mine however. Can you give us more medicine this time?”

The Instant Heart-reliever Pills were made from herself as well as her master, the sage apothecary. Though they claimed the manufacturing was for practice, each bottle of medicine had reached its appropriate effect. The effect just couldn’t be compared to hers.

This time, she brought ten bottles of medicine she personally manufactured. She planned to give them to the Ding father and son. But now that the great aunt was involved, the bottles were far from enough. Thankfully, Master Ding and his great aunt’s conditions weren’t that serious. They could just take her master’s medicine to control their condition.

...
The sage apothecary was like a child. After he learned how to manufacture the Instant Heart-reliever Pills, he wanted to make more and manufactured another twenty bottles in one go. She had kept them all in her storage.

Master Ding was delighted to hear the divine physician had brought thirty bottles this time. He hurriedly ordered the servants to bring over banknotes from the accounting room, afraid that Gu Ye might change her mind.

“Divine physician, is it still the same price as last time?” Master Ding took two sheets of banknotes from the thick pile when he suddenly thought of something. He paused and asked weakly.