Chapter 14

The soft wisps of sunlight escaped through the gaps in the curtains and rested annoyingly on Alayna's face.

Irritated she rolled over to the other side.

The emptiness within was nothing new to her and, now, neither was the fire of vengeance.

Both had made their way into the young girl's heart and there is where they are going to reside for an eternity.

Two months had passed since that torturous night, and a lot of things had changed.

For one she didn't leave this room, she had moved herself and her belongings to one of the numerous rooms that this prison held.

She spoke to no one, not the man she was bound with by Nikah nor the maid he had hired for her after realising she wasn't going to do anything.

He had tried to get her to do the work so he wouldn't have to hire a servant. He screamed, growled, threatened, taunted, abused and everything else he could in his life but it didn't have any effect on her.

He wanted her to follow his orders, he didn't want anyone else knowing what went on within these lavish gates.

However, the maid had to be hired, his wife had refused to complete all of her obligatory duties. (Btw no where in Islam that a woman's job is to cook and clean for her husband, that would be culture talking not Islam.)

Zunair grunted as he pushed the door open to find his wife still sprawled over the bed.

He scowled, she was getting in his nerves now.

"Alayna, get up." He ordered.

No movement was heard.

No response was heard.

"Alayna, get up!"

Another order was given, but was ignored yet again.

Zunair tugged at his hair, the woman was driving him mad, she hadn't touched food properly in the past two months. He didn't need her tantrums as elections were coming up as well.

The elections had been a rocky road with another rival politician rising to seek the position that had Zunair's name all over it. And Zunair wasn't happy, he was losing supporters, losing votes and that was risking his position as President of Pakistan for the next 5 years.

A lot of his loyal supporters believed he had done a lot for the country, wherein fact he had just simply added more possessions to his mountain of valuables. He had made the odd noticeable change and that was all, but that didn't matter he had an army of narcissistic and misogynistic men that all followed him like blind sheep after he spoke words that they liked.

He needed to regain the lost supporters without losing his blind sheep, a mission that seemed almost impossible, with this and wife's tantrums, he was beginning to lose his temper much more quickly these days and he couldn't channel it towards his wife as she always remained out of his way, these days.

"Get up, and get ready. We need to go out." It wasn't going to be a date if that's you were thinking dear readers, he was going to drag her to the hospital, the maid had informed him that Alayna wasn't well and everything she had described to him were possible pregnancy signs.

He was hopefully going to be receiving his heir in a short amount of time.

He left the room promptly, ensuring that the surprise he had arranged for his dear wife after the hospital visit was prepared well.

Alayna heard everything, his shouting, his stupid grunts and thankfully the scuffling sound of his shoes leaving the room.

She slowly raised her body and massive wave of dizziness hit her forcing her to lay down flat again.