15 ‣ like you better

"Turn off that damn light and shut the fuck up already." Kenji groans, grabbing the pillow he usually uses for his leg and chucking it at Jungkook's screen. "Damn." He turns over with a sleepy huff, eyebrows furrowed and eyes closed. Jungkook swats the raggedy pillow away and sits up, staring over at his annoyed friend with ten times the annoyance framing his tired features. "So she fucked Yugyeom first, get over it. Those two seem like a better fit anyway."

"You shut up before I go over there with that nasty ass pillow and smother you." Jungkook spews bitterly, throwing his comforter off of himself and stepping out of bed. "I'm going out." He slides on his slippers and reaches for the T-shirt he'd thrown on top his dresser earlier. It reeks of smoke from sitting in front of the fire all night, but he could care less. "Enjoy your fucking hangover later. See if I help you with it, prick." Jungkook mumbles. "Wash your damn pillowcases."

"Sh'the fuck up. Leave already, go break your heart some more." Kenji slurs, pulling his comforter over his head. "Don't come back crying over how you heard them through the damn door." He adds clumsily.

"I'll kill you. I mean it."

"Whatever." Kenji's voice starts trailing off more and more. "The fuck are you still doin' here?"

— • —

"You're not gonna like this, JK." Jaehyun chuckles, looking down at his phone while taking another long sip of his beer. Kenji turns to him first, proceeding to look over at Jungkook, who seems to have caught his name a few seconds too late. Jungkook's furrowed brows raise a silent question mark, and so Jaehyun takes that as his signal to continue speaking. "Y'know how Gyeom had that field day thing?"

"Yeah." Jungkook answers dryly. He leans back in his lawn chair.

"We all know who he was with." Jaehyun motions lazily, the crimson highlight on his cheeks glowing the slightest bit more pink as he grins in amusement. "Guess where they're at right now." He meets Jungkook's stern eyes. Jungkook shrugs without so much as a twitch in his blank expression. "Never mind. I don't think you wanna know." Jaehyun waves the topic off.

"Where are they?"

"Don't go banging on his door, alright?"

"What?"

Jaebyung bursts out laughing.

"You shouldn't have said shit, man." Kenji slumps down in his own chair and closes his eyes. It's late enough already, being drunk doesn't help his case at all. "Now he's definitely going to go." Kenji mumbles. Everyone else laughs, as if they thought he was exaggerating. Jungkook shakes his head, staying put in his chair while he skillfully hides the fact that his mind's now going a hundred miles per minute. Suddenly, he finds himself unfortunately sober.

A couple more bottles should fix that.

— • —

You didn't know Yugyeom had his own apartment in North Campus, just shy of where the university grounds actually end. You had no idea, but it was a pleasant surprise. He has no roommates apparently, just like you. It was so perfect. It's not close to your dorm building, but it's not too terribly far either. The walk felt even shorter by his side. Those butterflies in your stomach made it feel as if you were floating, smiling aimlessly, stupidly, nervously the entire time.