18 ‣ lead you on

"Um," Kenji slowly opens his door, rubbing one puffy eye with his hand while the other barely adjusts to the brighter lighting of the hallway, "oh." He finally registers who's in front of him, suddenly feeling very exposed. "Oh, shit." Kenji responds to your wide eyes and uncomfortable, stiff posture. "Hang on." He quickly steps back into his dorm and scrambles to find his shorts. You look down at your shoes and try your hardest not to laugh at the sight of the tighty whities that'd left not even a smidge of room for imagination.

Good for him, you think.

"I'm," you turn away and get ready to leave, seeing as there's no one else inside the dorm, "I'm so sorry. I'll leave." You steal a quick glance, seeing as Kenji almost trips bouncing around trying to shimmy into some shorts. He looks practically the same as he did some vital developmental years ago. The same, but slightly taller, and way less scrawny. "Uh, I think I," you pause in order to compose yourself and the guiltily amused shakiness in your voice, "got the wrong room number."

"I think you didn't." Kenji mumbles, pulling the gray garment over his butt-cheeks in one, swift pull straight out of a cartoon. You would've caught his remark should you have been focused on the conversation at hand instead of trying to be a respectable, mature young adult. "Life's crazy, huh?" Kenji asks, clearly this time. You hear every syllable undeniably. You give him a soft hm? in response. Just like old times. Cute. "Or do you not remember me from high school?" He asks while walking back over to the doorframe.

"I remember you."

"Jungkook went out for a jog. He should be back," Kenji draws out the word while bringing his wrist up to take look at his watch, "any minute now." He declares, seeing as his usually-punctual friend is actually running more than ten minutes late. "Any minute now." The shameless individual repeats, pressing his lips together and pairing it with a slightly awkward nod. Right now it seems as if you're holding eye contact. In reality, you're kinda spaced out still trying not to giggle at your childishly funny little encounter.

"Hm—? Oh," you snap back into reality, "oh! Right." You subconsciously shake your head, barely grasping at the fact that he had brought Jungkook up so easily. You hadn't mentioned him, had you? No. No, you hadn't. "Um," you furrow your eyebrows, looking at him fully focused now, "no, I," if only he'd stop looking at you like he knew you were lying, with those stupid pulled lips and unamused eyes, "okay." You give up. "Of course you'd already know, he calls me Nine. Who else would he have gotten it from?" You mumble.

"You've always been smart, Nine."

"Yeah." You turn to leave—actually this time.

"Wait, hold on." Kenji stops you before you can get your second step in. "Do you wanna come inside?" He asks a bit stupidly. You stare blankly back at the tall individual, wanting to process the question as properly as you possibly can. For some reason his shirtlessness is much more... apparent now. "Oh, um," Kenji extends his hand out to you while shaking his head, "no, uh—no, no. Not like that." He assures. "To wait for him." Kenji stumbles. "JK. Wait for JK. I'll leave."

"Um—"

You hear someone yell Hey, Jungkook! down the hallway somewhere and for some inexplicable reason your entire body floods with an intense sense of panicked embarrassment. You had come here to see him, so why the hell have your eyes gone wide as they hurriedly look around for any sort of escape route you can throw yourself into. It's absurd. Complete, utter absurdity. But you know what's even more ridiculous than that? Throwing yourself into his dorm.

"Yeah! Yeah, sure." You mumble quickly, practically pushing Kenji back into his living space as you take the initiative to let yourself in. "I'll wait for him in here." You smile unnaturally, about two millionths of a second from breaking into a cold sweat. Is it that you don't want to catch him in the hallway? Or is it that you don't want him to see you actively looking for him? Does it even matter? You are actively looking for him. You can't possibly be nervous.. can you?