Chapter 27

"Um…" I thought of what to tell her as she kept waiting for my answer.

I can't tell her the truth, I mean not yet. What will she think if she knows? Will my idea to change her mind to help us work if she knew the truth?

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me. I know it's something personal and it's -"

"No Seulgi, it's nothing like that. We were…close friends but then something happened. And now we're both kinda salty to eachother." I said with a small smile.

She frowned, trying to think of a reason herself.

"Can I ask what happened?" She asks.

"Um misunderstanding and maybe we didn't…try?" I answered, not knowing myself what the reason was.

Was I really a coward when it came to my love?

"Oh…" she breathes out and I nod, drawing my lips into a thin line. "Don't worry, I won't tell nobody. And I'm sure that you're friendship with Jimin will get better too. If it's a misunderstanding talk about it with him, and make sure that both of you are not angry, but are with a cool head okay? He's a nice guy, he won't be angry with you for long." She assures.

"I hope so too…" I muttered out with a faint chuckle.

"So um could you help me with something?" She asked and I nod waiting for her to speak. "It's Jimin. His behaviour…it's confusing." She said.

Same girl, same.

"I mean, when infront of people, he talks and acts as if he's interested in knowing me more, but when it's just the both of us, he doesn't speak, it feels like he's maintaing a distance. I don't mind him acting that way because I understand it's difficult to try to like someone you never met, and having to marry that same stranger. But, one moment it's feels like he's trying but then the other he doesn't care about me at all. Last night he slept at the couch. I offered to sleep in an another room but he refused and slept there." She explained her situation.

It did pain me that Jimin's trying he's best to make me feel this way, by purposely keeping her in his room so that I could be jealous. But at the same time he's distancing himself from her. He's a mess to understand right now.

"I don't have anything to say other than give yourself and him some time. I mean you said he's trying right, maybe he's shy when it's just the both of you?" I suggested. "Don't worry, he'll open up soon." I assured and she shook her head.

"I'm not expecting anything from him, but I needed to know whether he's actually serious about marrying me or not, because I feel like he's going to call off this marriage." She said.

"This marriage is important for the Dynasty, and I'm sure that he's not going to call off this. Just give eachother some time. And I'm sure after marriage, things will get better too." I assured.

"Yeah I hope it's that. It'll be good for the him, and me or else…" she stopped talking.

"Or else?" I asked.

"Ah nothing. We should head inside, looks like it's about to rain." She points out and I look around the gloomy skies. There were rain clouds that were slowly engulfing the sky.

"Oh looks like we should." I gave her a small smile as we both head inside, followed by her two bodyguards.

[JIMIN's POV]

I walked in my room to see Seulgi folding her clothes, which reminded me of the times Y/n would do the same. We were already like a married couple back then. Oh how much I wished that I could live those moments again.