9- Lemons and Doodh-Soda

"Haww!! Besharmon! Tv on kiya hai tum logon ne??!"

"Shhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Abdul-Hadi scrunched his nose but shut his mouth at the loud unanimous 'shh' of his cousins.

They were huddled together in Zubair's room upstairs, using the old Sony television that got discarded from the tv lounge when Lyba's Baba got the flat screen after his promotion to a managerial post. The big 'dabba' was out of fashion and he no longer wanted to have his colleagues see he still owned such junk in the age of modern sleek styled technology. *Cough *cough.

Zubair didn't mind.. Or didn't have much of a mind to waste in these matters.. He was fine with the television in his room, at least he could watch his favorite Pakistani serials without being judged by his family for crying over Asher and Khirad's break up. (Choti choti khushiyann..)

The kids hijacked their uncles room while he was at the office to watch the recent episode of 'Living on the edge'; a dare show aired on a Pakistani tv channel hosted by the infamous Waqar Zaka.

(If you know you know.)

It wasn't that the show was ultra amazing or exciting, it was throughly lame. However it was fun to see the level of cringe they could cross for the sake of ratings and pr. And that is what had them hooked to every single episode.

Its like, You know when you're reading this really reallyy terribly written Mafia novel where the girl is super super cringy and weepy and the guy's just ultra max evil.. Like burns her hand on the stove and then kisses it okay kinda evil? ... And you're disgusted at everyy part and you're thinking whyy are you reading this trash in the first place?? But you still can't put it down because you wanna see how bad/worst it can get???

Yup that's exactly the kind of situation they have when their watching 'Living On the Edge' ( you going YouTube searching? Okay sure.. Cringe ultra Max.. You have been warned mehe)

"Kya dekh rhy ho tum log?" Hadi sat down beside Sameer and Lyba on Zubair's bed snatching the pillow from her lap and adjusting it behind his head as he laid down.

Lyba gave him a stinky look he ignored magnanimously.

"Yar Living on the edge aa raha hai. New episode hai.." Sawera answered from her position near the foot of the bed.

Hadi sat up leaning closer, "Woh nikal gayi jo Tooba wali larki ayi thi? Jis ne gaaliyan din thin audition main?"

"Nhi abhi Tooba nhi nikli.. Shayad Safeer ko nikaal de gaa.. Abhi episode dekho naa pata chaley ga."

"Yaar biased hai Waqar Zaka.. Pura Tharki hai.. Sirf Larkon ko nikaley gaa. Ghalti uss larki ki thi.." Hadi began his usual criticism waving his hand in the air.

"Abey yaar! Hadi mun band kar ke dekho! Abhi pehle hi awaaz halki kar ke dekhnaa par raha haii tum boley jaou uper se!"

He scoffed at Lyba's irritated yell, "Haan.. tum ko bohat maza ataa hai aysi fazool cheezeyn dekhne main.. Tum bhi aysa karo audition dene chali jaou.. Bolna 'mera talent hai main bilkul aap ki jaisi dikhti hun mere ghar waley mujhe Waqar Zaka kaa twin bhai samajhtey hain' Hit ho jaou gi."

"Yaar iska mun band karwaaa do! Main bata rhi hun yeh pit jaye gaa mujhse! Main bataaa rhi hun!!"

"Han maro! Maar ke dikhaou!"

"Yaarrr nhi kar naa Hadi!!" Sameer pulled Lyba away, sitting in between Hadi and Lyba to break up the fight and then got engrossed in watching the show again.

"Oyeee!!! Snakes ke aquarium main litayen ge!!!" Saira squealed looking away.

There was indeed a glass aquarium filled with live snakes that could be seen slithering on the base of it, and the dare was to lay down in it with for as long as they could manage.