Ch.1

My mother has always taught me to hate so can you blame me when I hated her.

My mother was cursed to forever be alone. She was cursed to have hair of snakes and eyes that would turn all those who looked at them to stone. And she won't let me forget that.

Everyday she would retell the story to me. She would tell me that the gods were unfair and their children deserve every monster thrown at them. Though whenever she would speak of Poseidon she would look off into space as if lost in thought.

My mother never really cared for me. Not much anyway. I think she only took "care" of me because I had the blood of Poseidon but most days I would just hide out in case a "custumer" came in and today was one of the days someone actually stopped by.

I was staying in my room and I was bored. I would usually talk to my snakes but even that gets boring after awhile. I mean we've all experienced the same things so we have nothing new to talk about.

Me and my mother would stay in her little store on a barren street and I wasn't allowed out. Nor was I allowed to talk to mortals She had made sure I wouldn't forget that rule again. For I had inherited my mother curse. The day I had opened my eyes it was revealed that I had the snake like eyes and when my hair was supposed to grow snakes sprouted instead.

Now unlike my mother I had normal brown human skin thankfully. I was brought out of my head by fighting? At least that's what it sounded like.

Now I know my mother doesn't let me out of my room unless she is going to rant about the gods but it wouldn't hurt to take a peak right.

I opened my door and sighed in relief when it didn't make a noise and I walked over to the commotion. I hid behind some of the "gnomes" it used to make me uncomfortable knowing that they are real humans but I've gotten used to it after so many years of being around them.

Looking over the shoulder of the unlucky man I saw my mother getting beat up with a stick by a man closing his eyes. I was just so confused about what had to happen for these events to occur.

I saw two people that looked around my age talking? Do they not realize the danger there in. Now I know my mother can be defeated. She has even died before......now that I think about it how old am I.

Cuz I look around thirteen but I have memories from way before that. Whatever I brushed off the oncoming existential crisis for another time. Just then the man missed and tumbled off course and one of the other kids came in with a sword a fricken sword.

He kept getting closer and closer to my mother and I was so confused. This didn't seem like a Friendly gathering so why was my mother letting him get closer. Soon my mother lunged forward. ah that's the mother I know. My thought was cut off by the swoop of the boys sword and the beheading of my mother.

A gasp left my mouth but it went unheard. I scrambled to get to my mothers office and I shut the door quietly despite my panic. My legs gave out from my fear.

Now I don't care  for my mother as despite the years of traveling and being together we never grew close especially after the things she did. I was scared for my own life tho. For I was conceived when my mother was human but I had grown in her womb while she was a monster.

With my father being a god to. I have no clue on what I am. I do know I am part monster since my features and my accidental sculpting of an unlucky passer by. I am not sure however if I will come back like normal monsters.

My body froze when I heard the door opening I covered my eyes in fear of turning them to stone. The room felt suffocating with the silence. Until I heard him speak "who are you?" He questioned. "I-iris" my voice barley above a whisper.

"Alright stay there and don't move". I heard shuffling and assumed he left. I removed my hands from my eyes and whisper yelled at my snakes "what do we do now?" they all answered along lines of I have no idea. I scoffed I don't even now why I asked.

Soon three people walked in it was the three people I had seen kill my mother earlier. "What do we do with her" someone said. I don't really know who was talking since I was staring at her shoes. "Um we kill her she's a gorgon."

I was shocked how strait forward that person was like no hesitation. "Um don't do that it would be kinda rude." Her me out What if we keep her someone suggested.

Huh everyone else said collectively including me. I was so confused. I mean I know I don't have much interaction with....well anything other than my snakes but I'm pretty sure this isn't normal.

" I mean she can come with us and then at the end stay with us at camp. "Percy she's not a half blood she can't stay at camp half blood it's in the name!" "Um sorry to interrupt but I technically am"

"Hm well that doesn't change the fact that your half kindly." Mystery voice says. "Well half kindly better than full kindly right?" I say smugly.

"Haha very funny. Mystery voice said sarcastically. "Fine we can keep her but the second she does something suspicious she's dead alright." We all nodded.