Ch.4

The next afternoon we arrived to Denver. I had spent most of the time in the bathroom. Talking to my snakes. Again not much to talk about but I think they were happy to just be out of the beanie.

We all didn't look to good. We haven't eaten in a while. And haven't taken a shower even longer than that. "Let's try to contact Chiron. I want to tell him about your talk with the river spirit?" Why would you talk to Chiron? I asked. So apparently Chiron is someone at camp which is good to now.

"How are we going to do that we can't use phones." Percy asked. "I'm not talking about phones. We wandered around for awhile until we finally found a do it yourself car wash. We went toward the farthest stall from the street keeping an eye out for patrol cars. Cause three teens hanging around a car wash without a car doesn't look to good.

"what are we doing." Percy asked. Grover pulled out a spray gun. We didn't have enough money to use it though. I don't really now why we were using it either but oh well. 

Percy gave Grover some coins he had in his pocket. "We could use a spray bottle but the connection isn't as good and my arm gets tired." "What are you talking about." Percy asked. "I-m'ing" "instant messaging?" I asked letting my confusion show. "Iris messaging." Anabeth corrected. "The goddess iris Carrie's messages for the gods but if you know how to ask and she's not busy she'll do it for half-bloods." "You summon her with a spray gun." Percy asked ." "Do you now an easier way to make a rainbow." Grover said pointing the nozzle in the air water hissed out light shining through breaking into colors.

Amber held out her palm toward Percy drachma, please. Raising the coin over her head she said "o goddess please accept our offering." She through the drachma into the rainbow it disappeared into a hold shimmer. "Half-blood hill" annabeth requested. Nothing happened for a-bit then looking through the mist there was strawberry fields.

Our point of view seemed to be on a porch standing there was a guy with his back turned to us he had sandy hair wearing shorts and an orange tank top. He was holding a bronze sword and was staring at something.

"Luke" Percy called. The guy turned around "Percy. Annabeth to...whose that. It was then that I realized that I was in his line of vision. "Uh.....that's" Percy started "it's a half-blood we met uh we're just taking her along right iris." I mentally thanked Anabeth for her quick thinking. "Uh yeah." "Whats with the clothes." This stumped me "uh you now weather." "Wha." But before he could question me further anabeth stepped in. "We thought—Chiron—I mean—" she struggled but still diverted the attention. "He's down at the cabins. We're having some issues with the campers. Listen is everything cool with you. Is Grover all right?" "I'm right hear." Grover called moving himself into view. "What kind of issues."

Before he could answer though a big Car pulled into the car wash blasting hip-hop. It pulled into the stall next to the one we were in the music was so load the pavement shook.

"What's that noise?" Luke asked. "I'll take care of it!" Anabeth said. Dragging me along and Grover followed behind handing the nozzle to Percy.

Anabeth went into the stall and started yelling at them. She looked at me and expected me to do something. Um I kinda panicked at the pressure but I didn't have to do anything. My snakes popped out of the beanie. It was discarded on the floor. The group screamed and slammed the door shut Speeding off. My voice came out in a faint "oops." Anabeth and Grover started laughing so much that I couldn't help but laugh along side them. I picked up my beanie and we went back to percy.

We all stopped laughing though when we saw Percy's face. "What happened percy? What did Luke say?" "Not much." He responded "come on, let's find some dinner." I wasn't to convinced but decided to let it go.