Ch.2

Soon after that whole conversation we all introduced ourselves. "I'm Grover underwood." "I'm annabeth chase." "And I'm Percy Jackson." "Um I'm iris."

After the introductions Percy started ransacking my mothers office. He got some papers and some money and a few golden drachmas. There were also some packing slips for Hermes. He kept looking around until he found a box.

I also looked around the office. Seeing if I could find it and I did. I snatched up the necklace and held it close. I would never let it get taken away so easily again. It was a reminder of the mistake I had made so many years ago but I couldn't bring myself to leave it behind.

It was a simple necklace. An empty gold locket. I don't know if there was ever a photo inside but when she wore it it was empty.

They went back to the picnic table and I put on the necklace and followed behind. Soon I realized what he needed the stuff for. He was sending my mothers head to Olympus.

It made me a bit uncomfortable obviously. I mean I could have also been going off to Olympus in a box nothing but a trophy. "Right, sorry I killed your mom." Percy said noticing my discomfort. "It's fine, I mean she was trying to turn you to stone."

Percy filled out the delivery sheet and Grover warned him that they're not going to like it and think he's impertinent. "Well I am impertinent " Percy said proudly. Annabeth cut in muttering "cmon we need a new plan."

That night was the best and worst night of my life. It was good because it was the first time out of that cursed gnome store since moving in. But it was bad because we had to camp out in this trash ridden forest.

We had taken something's from my mothers house like food and blankets but we did not light a fire. Apparently they had been attacked earlier in the day and that on top of my mother was enough for them to not light light a fire. In fear of the things it would attract.

I laid down and cuddled up to the blankets. We were doing shifts well I guess there doing shifts on keeping watch and I was exempt since annabeth doesn't trust me so I guess one good thing came out of it.

I woke up to talking. Looking over I saw that Percy woke up just then to. A bag of corn chips hit my face "Uh thanks" I said. " iris say hello to gladiolus." Grover said. "Huh who?" "The poodle." Percy said. "Uhm hello gladiola." I said waving to the poodle that I have never seen before. The poodle growled at me. I sighed used to it animals aren't to fond of me except snakes but that's self explanatory.

"See Percy even iris said hello to the poodle it's not hard." Annabelle said annoyed. Percy ended up begrudgingly saying hello to the poodle. "So where did the poodle come from.

Grover explained that he found gladiola in the woods. They had run away from a well off family who would give $200 as a reward for his return. Gladiola didn't want to go back but would go willingly if it was a help to Grover.

"Okay so we turn in Gladiola we get money and we buy tickets to Los Angeles." Annabeth said. Percy cut in "not another bus" "no" Annabeth assured. "We should also do something about her....appearance." She added

We all agreed. "So sunglasses would work for my eyes." I suggested. "A Benie would work to tuck in the snakes."  Grover Threw in. "Great now we just need to find them." Annabeth pointed out.

We ended up finding a little shop near the station so I hid out in an alleyway near it and hid myself as best as possible.  Thankfully they soon came out with a Bennie and some sunglasses. The beanie was a black one with a little snake on the fold I scoffed at the Lack of originality. The sunglasses were just generic ones.

It took some coaxing but eventually all the snakes got into the beanie and I put on the sunglasses to fully disguise my inhuman appearance. The beanie looked lumpy but overall I looked pretty human. I had pretty sharp canines but I heard that some humans have them to so I wasn't to worried.

We got on the train soon after and it took two days and it was horrible. I had to take frequent bathroom breaks just to let my snakes have some air. And the sunglasses were so uncomfortable. I couldn't even open my eyes without them on so most of the time I just fell asleep with them.

Then on top of that the train wouldn't even take us the whole way there. We had to sleep in our seats and Grover was right next to me so I would wake up every so often to bleating.

There was also the worry of Percy getting recognized since he's like a criminal or something and his picture is on a bunch of newspaper. Grover also keeps shuffling in his sleep and one time his fake foot fell off which was a shock to me since I didn't even know they were fake we had to scramble to get it on before the other passengers noticed.

I had woken up in the middle of my nap as usual but this time it was in the middle of Percy's conversation with annabeth. They didn't notice I was up since I didn't move and my sunglasses covered my open eyes. I wasn't sure what to do since it would be awkward to just get up. Thankfully it seemed there conversation was ending.

"How dare you put our family at risk" ooh that's familiar my mother told me- no no use getting caught up in old memories. "I took the hint I wasn't wanted. I ran away" annabeth said. "How old we're you?" Percy questioned. "Same age as when I started camp. Seven." "But....you couldn't have gotten all the way to half blood bill by yourself." Percy pointed out.
"Not alone, no. Athena watched over me, guided me towards help. I made a couple unexpected friends who took care of me, for a short time, anyway." She sounded pretty sad when saying that.

We have finally gotten there and we could get of this god forsaken train. Anabeth was craning her neck to see the gateway arch. "I want to build something like that." Percy laughed "you an architect" "yes an architect Athena expects her children to build something not tear things down like a certain god of earthquakes." Anabeth countered. "Sorry." Anabeth said "That was a bit mean." Percy offered to work together " i mean didnt Athena and Poseidon ever cooperate."

Wait my half asleep mind fully woke up. I was no longer paying attention to there conversation. He's Poseidon's son so that means we're siblings. That explains why my mom let him get close. She did always have a soft spot for Poseidon.

We pulled into the station and anabeth stood up. "Cmon snake girl and goat boy we have sight seeing to do." Grover was next to me muttering food. "Sightseeing" I questioned. "This might be my only chance to ride to the top are you coming or not." I shrugged seeing no problem with it. "As long as there's a snack bar without monsters." "Well that may be proven to be difficult." I absentmindedly added.