Ch.5

We got to the water park the sun already disappeared behind the mountains. On the way there they finally explained some thing like the quest camp half-blood and some of the campers. What I got from it was that I am now part of a super important quest that I have a very high chance of death in but oh well. Looking at the sight some of the letters had fallen so now it just says W A T R A D.

The main gate was padlocked and had barbed wire honestly overkill I mean the only things inside were empty water slides tubes and pipes curling everywhere. But I guess what ever flouts your boat.

"If ares brings his girlfriend here I'd hate to see what she looks like." I punched him in the shoulder. "Dude ares's girlfriend is not someone you want to be insulting especially on looks."

"Who is she? Echidna?"
"No, Aphrodite." Grover said dreamily "goddess of love."
"I thought she was married to someone. Hephaestus." Percy said. I sighed honestly how little Greek mythology could this guy know.
"Your point?" I asked
"Oh" Percy said awkwardly "so how do we get in?"
"Maia!" Grover yelled his shoes sprouting wings. They had failed to explain those but oh well probably from Hermes.

He flew over the fence did an unintended somersault and got a wobbly landing on the other side. He dusted of his jeans pretending everything was intentional. "You guys coming."

We climbed the conventional way holding down the barbed wire for each other. We went through the water park and the attractions had some pretty weird names. Like ankle bitter island and where's my swimsuit.

We found a store that was left open and when we walked in we saw an amazing sight "fresh clothes." Anabeth said. "We can just-" Percy started but anabeth cut in "watch me." She ran forward and grabbed a bunch of the clothes of the rack.

When we left we looked like walking billbourds. I was obsessed with the pants though they looked horribly tacky but they were so useful I had never worn pant before so I didn't know what I was missing out on. "You guys......these are wonderful." I said really dramatically. Anabeth grabbed my arm and started dragging me. "Cmon you can geek out later let's get this done." I laughed these people had become more like family in the little time I've known them, then my own mother.

We continued searching for the love tunnel.
"So ares and Aphrodite have a thing going." I sighed "yes Percy"
"That's old gossip. Three thousand year old gossip." Anabeth said.

"What about the husband?"
"Well you know. Hephaestus the blacksmith. Was crippled when he was a baby. Thrown off mount Olympus by Zeus. So he isn't exactly handsome clever with his hands and all but Aphrodite isn't into brains and talent you know." Anabeth explained.
"Hephaestus knows." 
"Oh sure he caught them a bunch of times I mean literally caught them in a gold net and invited all the gods to come and laugh at them. That's why they met in out of the way places like." Anabeth stopped walking and looked straight ahead "like that."

Sure enough ahead of use was the love tunnel. "This is to easy we just walk down and get it?" Anabeth said something else but I didn't quite catch it.

Percy called on Grover "you smell any monsters?"
He sniffed "nothing"
"Nothing-like in the arch and you didn't smell echidna nothing or really nothing."
"Low blow Percy." I cut in
Grover looked hurt "I told you that was underground."
"Okay I'm sorry. Im going down." Percy said
"I'll go with you." Grover said not to enthusiastically. "No you stay up hear your the Red Baron a flying ace remember you'll be backup."
He puffed out his chest but said "sure but what could go wrong."
A lot I muttered
" Anabeth, come with me."
"Are you kidding." Anabeth said looking bright red.
"What's the problem."
"It the......"thrill ride of love I can't go on that with you that so embarrassing what if someone saw me?"
"Who's gonna see you?" Percy said but his face was also bright red.
"I'll just go alone." He started down the bill but me and Anabeth followed. I don't really know why I followed but the more the merrier I mean we already had Grover as backup.

When we got to the bottom I saw mirrors on all sides so wherever you looked you could see yourself I hated mirrors.

Percy picked up a shimmering scarf and was about to put it up to his face when Anabeth snatched it away and put it in her pocket. "Oh no you don't stay away from that love magic."
"Just grab the shield seaweed brain."