7: TALE AS OLD AS TIME

Bucky woke up and heard the beeping of the monitor, his eyes squinted open, he looked over and saw Steve. "I need to see Y/n." Bucky gasped.

"Shh-shh, Bucky she's alright they got the bullet out and she did lose a lot of blood, but she's alright and her family is with her, just stay calm, and lay down you need rest." Steve told her.

"I need to see her." Bucky said.

Steve nodded. "I'll see what the doctor says." He got out of the chair.

Bucky relaxed a bit knowing he would most likely be able to see her, Dr. Banner came in holding a clipboard. "You wanna go see Mis. Stark?" He asked.

"I need to see her." He practically demanded.

Dr. Banner nodded. "Alright, I'll take you."

Bucky was brought to you, you were still asleep, your step-mom was asleep on the couch in the room. "How bad are the injuries?"

"She only sustained one injury through her abdomen and the bullet didn't go straight through and it was stopped by her uterus." Bruce told him. "But she's fine and healthy." Bruce left Bucky with you and Pepper.

Bucky was brought to his room to get better, not allowed to stay with you bugged him but he had to understand.

You woke up and noticed the smell of the hospital room, you looked around and saw your dad. "What happened?"
"You got to the house, Barns is alright though he's missing an arm now." He told you. "As for you you're not missing an arm obviously, you too are banged up and had some repercussions, that I feel the doctor needs to tell you." He explained.

The doctor soon did come in to see you. "Good, you're awake." He smiled kindly. "I'm Dr. Banner." He shook your hand.

"My father said there were repercussions." You said.

"Yeah there were, um, I don't know if you wanna be alone or not." He warned. "It might be emotional."

Tony spoke up. "You're probably going to want Pepper."

"Alright?" You were confused at why it seemed like a big deal.

Pepper came in and sat next to you in the chair, Dr. Banner started to speak. "So, when you were shot, your uterus stopped it, our surgeon Dr. Strange was able to remove it, he tried everything, luckily it didn't go through or it could have caused more damage then there already was, cause there is two things that could have happened, it went straight through you could have died or it could have gotten stuck in your spine and you could have been wheelchair bound for the rest of your life, lucky neither of those happened, what did happen when it was stopped by the uterus caused you to become infertile because of the damage."

You could feel your heart beat slow almost to a stop, as tears welled in your eye, yes you up until recently had not wanted to settle down but since you had caught feelings with Bucky you wouldn't mind with him, Pepper squeezed your hand. You decided to change the subject from the sad news you got. "Can I see Bucky?" You asked.

Bruce nodded. "I'll go get him."

Bucky soon came into the room the two of you had been left alone to talk. "Hey, are you alright?" He asked, noticing the obvious tear stains on your cheeks.

"I-I'll be fine, I wanted to see you." You told him as you swiped at your cheeks. "How have you been?"

"Well other than the obvious, I'm fine I'm gonna get a prosthetic arm and all will go back to normal." He smiled at you in reassurance. "How about you, I know that the bullet was stopped by your uterus but other than that not much."

"I-I don't really wanna talk about it." You mumbled.

He nodded respecting what you wanted, he sat on the bed next to you holding your hand in his. "I love you." He told you honestly.

"I love you too." You smiled.

After being released you were given a choice of go home or go with Bucky, which was hard. You sat your dad down to talk to him about how you felt. "I want to talk to you about where I want to go, I love you guys but I've come to also love Bucky and I don't think it's fair for me to choose between the two my family and someone I could possibly see myself with."

"Y/n look I will never be mad at you for something as stupid as you choosing to live some were." He told you. "You know I will always love you no matter what." He squeezed your hand.

"I'm going to choose to go with Bucky." You tell him.

Tony nodded. "And I'm alright with that."

Life went back to normal slowly, you and Bucky showed lots of affection for one another and when you finally told him what your injury caused, he showed you how much he loved you after, and that nothing would change how he feels about you. Bucky got an amazing metal arm from a friend who owned a prosthetic company with his sister, who owed him after an incident.

Two years later

Bucky had proposed to you two months ago and now you were getting married, along with the two of you adopting two newborn twins a year prior named Emmie and Eli, Pepper was helping you getting ready, and you hand Natasha holding Emmie for you, while Wanda held Eli. You'd just finished getting your hair and make up done, next was the dress, your dress was a gorgeous off the shoulder ball gown dress once on and tied up, you turned and Emmie cooed. "You like it, baby girl." You cooed at her taking her from Natasha, you put kisses all over both your babies faces as they giggled.

The reception party was amazingly gorgeous. The whole wedding was fifty percent you and fifty percent Buck, as your first dance as husband and wife you did the song you and Bucky had danced to two years before.

As the years passed and your kids grew, you taught them how to read very young, they obviously had questions about what their dad did, and both of you sat them down, and explained it and you told them that you'd give both of them a choice of if they wanted to take over or not you would never force either of them to take over. Once the day did come to them making their choice Emmie was the one who wanted to take over the business and you and Bucky couldn't be more proud of both of them Eli became a legitimate businessman becoming a CEO of his own electronic company. 

A/n: Next Pam and Tommy AU loosely based but at the same time similar you'll see I will not put anything I do not support in relationships.