The Contest

Ash POV

It was now time for us to get going for the Contest. Since Viridian City was close by, we just decided to walk there. I brought along some of my old Kanto Pokemon like Bulbasaur and Charizard and started walking through Route 1.

As we were walking through, we saw a flock of Pidgey and its evolutions. 

One of them caught my eye in particular.

It was a large Pidgeot and seemed to be the leader of the pack. We soon made eye contact and wave of realization hit me.

This was my Pidgeot.

I could tell that she recognized me, but she looked away.

I was surprised at this, but then I understood. I had left my Pidgeot here for over 4 years. I had told it that I would be back, but I never did come back.

I started walking over to the flock, but I was unsure of what to say.

Dawn looked at me with a questioning look.

"Ash, are you going to catch one?" she asked.

I didn't respond but kept walking closer.

Pikachu, who was on my shoulder, said something to the Pidgeot, who then suddenly looked at me. It then responded to Pikachu.

Dawn's Piplup made some kind of surpised/choking noise, which told me that this was for sure my old Pokemon.

"Pidgeot? Is that you?" I asked.

"Pi Pidgeot" the Pokemon said nodding its head.

I ran forward and gave Pidgeot a hug which the Pokemon gladly gave one back. Pikachu too joined the huddle, and I started to remember the amazing times I had with Pidgeot, who was mostly a Pidgeotto during my travels.

Once I let go, Bulbasaur and Charizard came out of their Pokeballs to give their greetings to Pidgeotto. It felt like I was that newbie trainr again, who had almost no experience. The only way this moment could've been better was if Squirtle and Butterfree were here. 

Pidgeot took a Pokeball from my waist and pushed it towards me.

"You want to come back?" I asked giddy with joy.

Pidgeot nodded.

"But what about the others? Don't you have some kind of protecting thing to do?"

Pidgeot pointed to group of Pidgeots who were on a branch. I guess they must've evolved during the last few years.

I picked up the Pokeball and tapped Pidgeot with it.

"Alright then"

The Pokeball absorbed Pidgeot and gave a 'ding' without even shaking.

I smiled and looked at Dawn.

"There's a few Pokemon of mine you haven't met."

time skip brought to you by Pidgeot who ate Dialga

3rd Person POV

Ash and Dawn made it to the contest in Viridian City.

It was a huge dome and had a massive stage in the middle. On one of the boards, it said that Wallace would come onto the stage at 12. Until then, there were several world-class coordinators who would be on stage.

"Are you performing?" Ash asked pointing to the sign.

Dawn blushed and shook her head.

"Seriously? That's kinda sad" Ash said "Now I have to watch random people perform for an hour."

Dawn rolled her eyes.

"Just come on, I wanna get good seats" she said and dragged him off.

After about 45 minutes of enduring pain, Ash got up to go get something to drink. There were multiple tables were refreshments and food, so you can only imagine what Ash was going to do.

He grabbed a glass of water and chugged it down before making his way to the food area.

There, he saw many well-known battlers as well as coordinators which surprised Ash. He had no clue why battlers would choose to come to a Contest. He decided to only grab one plate of stuff to eat so he didn't look like a slob and started walking back to his seat.

On the way, he accidentally knocked into a girl with a red bandana.

"Oh, I'm really sorry" Ash said and started to walk away.

After a couple seconds, the girl said something.

"Ash?"

Ash turned around confused.

"Uh, yeah...oh"

Standing on front of him was May, the girl he had traveled with through Hoenn and the Battle Frontier.

"ASH!" May said and ran forward. She slammed into him and hugged him.

"Ooof...h-hi May" Ash coughed out.

May looked so different now compared to the 13 year old girl he had traveled with. She looked much more mature and seemed a lot more experienced, but that was to be expected. She had been a trainer now for almost 4 years.

"Ash...you look so different" May said "Your fashion sense also improved."

Ash blushed.

"What? There's nothing wrong with wearing a hoodie in summer" Ash said scratching the back of his head.

After catching up for a few minutes, some of May's friends came over. Ash already knew them from his travels through Hoenn.

"Hey, May! Aren't you gonna come watch the show?" Drew, the green haired coordinator said as he walked over to May and Ash.

When Drew caught sight of Ash, he sneered.

"Hello Ash" he said with narrowed eyes.

"Hi Drew!" Ash said completely oblivious.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a bit, Drew. Wait for me with Solidad" May said.

Drew, however, was not too keen on leaving.

"I'm not too sure where Solidad is. You know where she went?" he asked.

May shook her head.

"I'm not too sur-"

Then, Wallace walked onto the stage, which made the audience louder than a pack of Explouds. During this time. Drew dragged May away from Ash and to where Solidad was waiting for them.

By the time Ash turned around, May and Drew were gone, so he shrugged and walked back to where Dawn was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I wasn't able to update the past few days cuz I wasn't too sure how to continue this story. So, I just spent some time thinking about how to continue it so yeah. 950 words cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.