A Sleepy Battle

3rd Person POV

It was now time for the battle rounds. May had already defeated a couple of opponents and had made it to the semi-finals. She looked up at the TV in the waiting room and saw that she was paired up with Solidad. 

Drew was also in the semi-finals and was paired up with someone who May didn't know. She relaxed for a bit as Drew's battle was first and thought about her strategy for the battle. If it was a water battle, she would have to use Blastoise. She wasn't too worried about a rocky or normal battlefield as Blaziken would be able to function there just fine.

"Hey May" Solidad said as she walked up. "Ready for our battle? I'm not going to go easy on you."

"I wasn't planning on you to. You're going down" May said with a smile.

Solidad raised an eyebrow but waked away. May watched as Drew narrowly beat his opponent with his Surskit on an ice field.

In the stands, Max snorted.

"I can't believe Drew had such a hard time beating that guy. He was using a Golem on an ice battlefield" he said shaking his head.

"Well, Drew just be having a bad day for all we know" Ash replied.

Max sighed. No one would understand that Drew was a stuck up prick.

After Drew and the other coordinator left the stage, May and Solidad walked in. There was a grassy field set out for them, and May already had Venusaur's Pokeball in her hand in her hand.

The moment they were allowed to begin, May threw out her Venusaur and Solidad threw out her Butterfree.

The audience cheered as they saw two of the top coordinators face off.

Ash then realized that Solidad was from Kanto as well, and that the only Pokemon she had were either from Kanto or Johto.

"Come on, May!" Ash cheered.

The timer started on the screen and Butterfree immediately sent out a Stun Spore and Poison Powder Combo which hit Venusaur, paralyzing it. Luckily, Venusaur, being a part poison type, had an immunity.

On the screen, May's score went down due the paralysis that Venusaur took and the combination that Butterfree performed.

'Damn it, I should've seen that coming' May scolded herself mentally. Now she had to deal with Venusaur being paralyzed the entire round.

"Alright Venusaur, use Razor Leaf!" May yelled.

"Use Gust!" Solidad countered.

The wind from the gust sent the attack straight back at Venusaur, but May smiled. This was exactly what she was hoping for.

"Petal Dance!" she called.

Venusaur used the Razor Leaf attack from before and combined it with the flower petals from Petal Dance and surrounded itself in them. Then, it sent the attack straight at Butterfree who had to take it head on.

Solidad lost about a fourth of her score due to that and the timer was now about 1 minute in. Only 4 minutes left.

"Butterfree, use Sleep Powder and use Gust to make it fly faster!"

Butterfree sent out its Sleep Powder and used its Gust, making the powder fly faster towards Venusaur and not letting it dodge.

"Use your own Sleep Powder Venusaur!" May yelled, praying that Venusaur would get paralyzed.

Luckily for her Venusaur didn't.

Both Pokemon were soon hit by Sleep Powder and both lost a considerable chunk of their score. May was ahead by a decent chunk and her plan was to draw this out by hoping that Butterfree wouldn't wake up.

There was about 3 minutes left on the clock.

"Come Venusaur, get up!" May yelled, hoping that her Pokemon would hear her calls.

On the other side, Solidad wasn't having much luck either.

"Come on, Butterfree! You need to get up!"

2 minutes left on the clock.

Solidad was now starting to panic. If Butterfree didn't get up before Venusaur, or didn't get up at all, she would lose.

1 minute, 30 seconds.

"Come on Butterfree!" Solidad pleaded.

The crowd watched intensely, trying to see who would wake up first.

Suddenly, Venusaur stirred. The crowd cheered, and with their noise as well, Venusaur woke up.

"Alright! Let's finish this!" May cheered.

Solidad looked in despair.

"Vine Whip!" May called.

45 seconds left.

Then suddenly, Venusaur was surrounded in electric shocks, not letting it move.

'No! Paralysis!' May thought. 'You idiot, you should've just waited!'

May lost some points, and it seemed that she and Solidad were now neck and neck.

The buzzer rang as time ended and crowd looked eagerly at the scoreboard to see who had won the match.

The circles with the scores slowly started to lose more and more of their score, and finally, Solidad's emptied first.

May had maybe 2 pixels worth of the yellow on her circle, and the brunette sighed in relief. On the other side, Solidad returned her Pokeball with scowl and walked back into the dressing rooms.

"Nice job, May!" Ash yelled.

May looked at Ash and smiled again, a small blush creeping up her face. She walked back into the dressing rooms as well to get ready for the final fight against Drew.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yoooooo wassup another update. It's 1 o' clock in the morning I wanna sleep so yeah. 850 words cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.