The Only Chance

A/N: I know this update has been long overdue, but I've finally come back to it. I mean, how else am I supposed to get typing practice in?

Serena POV

I watched as Ash celebrated with his Pokemon after winning the Bug Badge, now suddenly very nervous.

I had no clue on how I was going to talk to him or no assurance that he would actually remember me. So, with a sigh, I walked out of the Gym, now disheartened after what was a promising turn of events.

I needed some other way to get to him, and I needed to do it before he left Santalune City.

Once I was out of the Gym, I walked over to the Town Square where there were stores and other amenities. The park was also nearby, so there were several trainers around as well.

Once I made it there, I spent some time walking around and exploring the area. However, after some time, I eventually spotted Ash and his friends as well. I didn't want to act like a stalker, but I couldn't really help it.

I saw that the younger kid with a green shirt was pointing at something and the group started to walk to it, so I followed them.

When I realized where they were walking to, I groaned internally. It was a Rhyhorn Riding competition. After a few minutes, they walked out, with tickets in hand. Realizing that the competition might be my only chance at talking to Ash, I ran over to the place and got a ticket myself.

While I hated Rhyorn riding, I had gotten a lot of practice due to my mom, who was a professional Rhyhorn racer. Unfortunately, that meant that when I was a kid, my face constantly looked like it had gotten trampled by an Golem.

With a some faint hope left, I walked back to my hotel to rest for the day. My journey had barely started, but it was already starting to take a toll on me.

May POV

After we left the gym, Dawn and I had left to go look at some stores for outfits that we were going to need for our Contests and Expos. We decided that we were going to wear a different kind each competition to keep it fresh, so we looked around for a bit before selecting a couple each.

Once we were done shopping, we left to go find the rest of our gang. While looking around, we spotted Ash, Max, and Bonnie coming out of some place with Rhyhorns everywhere. Dawn and I made our way over and I could she was just as confused as I was.

"Finally" Max sighed as we walked over, "you actually managed to make it out of a store with me having to drag you out."

I rolled my eyes.

"It was only 30 minutes, Max."

"You wish."

Ash chuckled.

"What'd you guys go shopping for anyway?"

"We needed some outfits for out Contests and Expos" Dawn replied.

"Oooh... can I see?" Bonnie asked.

"Sure, but Ash and Max can't." I replied.

"What? Why me?" Ash asked with a pout.

I stuck my tongue out when I saw Drew walk over.

"Hey, May" he greeted.

I nodded in acknowledgement, but a part of me was slightly annoyed when Drew walked over. For some reason, every time he was around when Ash and Dawn were with me, it just felt really awkward with some weird tension around.

Fortunately for us this time, Max piped up.

"Hey, where's Clemont?"

"He went to go look at some geeky stuff in some store. I think it was called Greatest Poke-Innovations or something like that" Bonnie replied.