The Introductions

3rd Person POV

Once they were at the park, Max bombarded Ash with questions on how his trips through the other regions had been and what Pokemon he had caught.

"Great for the first one and too many to count for the second one" Ash replied.

"Did you catch any Pokemon in Kalos yet?" Max asked.

"Actually, I did catch 2 Pokemon" Ash said.

"Wait! First, can we start with why you were on top of Lumiose Tower with a crazed Garchomp?!" May asked.

"Oh yeah! I forgot to ask you that, too!" Max said.

Ash shrugged.

"Well, Team Rocket put some collar on Garchomp and it made it go crazy. So I kinda went to help. It was Professor Sycamore's, he's the regional Professor. He helped us heal Froakie, so I kinda helped him out I guess."

Ash sent out Froakie and Fletchling, much to Max's delight.

"Wow! Is that the Froakie that you helped?" Max asked.

"Yeah. I caught Fletchling a little while ago" Ash said.

May watched as Max admired Ash's Pokemon and how he kept asking questions. Ash was Max's role model and mentor, kinda like how Ash sort of mentored her when she started her journey.

"So, Max, what Pokemon have you caught?" Ash asked.

"Well, I got Treecko as my starter, but that's about it" Max replied.

"Wait, you're travelling through Kalos before you finish Hoenn?"

"Yeah, May insisted that I go with her" Max said looking pointedly at Max.

"I was just making sure that we weren't going to get lost and die or something. And I don't need Mom and Dad blaming me for not taking you with me" May said back.

But in reality, she knew that Max could very well take care of himself. Part of the reason she took him was to make sure he was fine, and the other part was to get a feel of when she had traveled through Hoenn and Kanto.

The more May thought about it, the more she yearned for those days to come back. Her travels with Drew and Solidad had been fun, but not like the ones from before.

She came out of her thoughts when Max sent out his Treecko and showed his Pokemon to Ash. They talked about the Pokemon for a while, and eventually Ash decided it was probably best for him to go.

"I think I should probably go now" Ash said. looking at his Poketch.

"Seriously!? Come on, Ash, can't you stay a bit longer?" Max begged.

"Well, you and May could come with me. You can also meet some of the people I'm travelling with" Ash said scratching his neck.

"Ooh! Come on, May! Can we go!?" Max pleaded.

"Sure, why not" May said with a shrug.

"Yes!"

"Wait, don't you wanna tell Drew and Solidad where you're going?" Ash asked.

"It doesn't matter" May replied. "They probably won't care."

However, there was a certain green trainer who was spying on the trio. He gritted his teeth at May's comment and decided to follow them.

With May and Max in tow, Ash walked to the Pokemon Center. Outside, Dawn was waiting for him.

"Is that Dawn?" May asked.

"Yeah"

Dawn walked over to Ash.

"What took you so long?" she asked. Then she looked behind him and saw a familiar face. "May?"

"No way! It is you!" May said and the two of them started talking about random coordinator stuff.

"Wait, how does May know who she is?" Max asked.

"She came to Sinnoh once while I was travelling through there with Dawn and Brock" Ash replied. "Anyways, if we wait out here, it'll be a while, so let's go inside."

Ash and Max walked inside and Ash looked around to see if he could spot Clemont or Bonnie. He soon spotted a blonde haired girl walking into the lobby, which he quickly identified as Bonnie.

"Hey! Bonnie!" Ash said to get her attention.

"Huh?" Bonnie said turning toward Ash. "Ash! Where were you for the past hour?"

"I was talking to some of my old friends" Ash replied as he walked over to her. "This is Max, and his sister May is outside talking to Dawn."

"Hi! I'm Bonnie!" Bonnie said with a smile.

"Uh, I'm Max" Max replied.

"So, where's Clemont?" Ash asked.

"He went to go look for you. I have no clue where he went" Bonnie said.

Ash sighed.

"Alright, well, I'll go look for him with Fletchling" he said.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu pouted.

"Yeah, you too"

"Wait, I'll come too" Max said as he ran after the trainer.

Bonnie looked around. Since there's was nothing to do, she just decided to follow Ash as well.

Meanwhile, Drew had found where May and Dawn were. He walked over to them, thinking Ash was nearby.

"Hey, there you are, May!" Drew said with a smile.

"Oh, hi Drew" May said.

"Hi?" Dawn said confused.

"Oh yeah, this is Drew. He's a coordinator, too. Drew, this is Dawn" May said, introducing the two to each other.

"Well, actually, I'm doing Expos now" Drew said with a snarky smirk.

"Really? Me too" Dawn replied.

"Wait, since when?" May asked confused.

"I thought about it for a bit, and I've decided to make the switch. Coordinating just wasn't working out like I hoped it would. I'm just participating in the contest here just for fun," Drew said.

"Or you're just tired of losing to May" Max said as he made it to the group with Ash and Bonnie.

"T-That's not true. I won a couple of contests in Johto" Drew said embarrassed.

Max, having achieved his goal, smirked.

"Well, it's getting late, don't you have a contest tomorrow, May?" Dawn asked.

"Oh yeah! I do" May said giddily.

"Wait, Ash, do you want come watch the contest, too? It's so boring just sitting there by myself" Max said.

"Sure" Ash said with a smile.

"Weren't you going to fight the gym tomorrow?" Bonnie asked.

"It's alright, I'll just have to wait one extra day. Plus, I don't mind going to contests as long there's someone to root for."

———————————————————————————
A/N: Let's go another chapter. Just wanted to take a break for a few days with semester and state exams these past few weeks. I'll try to update the other books as soon as I can.