May vs Drew

3rd Person POV

May stood up and smoothed out her dress, getting ready for her battle against Drew. She was pretty confident in winning, as she had beaten him several times during their Johto journeys.

The announcer called their names and the two of them entered the stage from opposite sides.

"Yeah! Come on, May! Beat him up!" Max cheered.

Ash raised an eyebrow at his enthusiasm but shrugged.

"Send out your Pokemon" the referee called.

It was just a normal battlefield, so May decided that it was probably best for her to send her best fighter out.

"Come on out, Blaziken!" May called.

"In that case, go Flygon!"

Max growled.

"Of course, he decides to let May send out her Pokemon first before sending out his own."

"Well, he's technically allowed to since May decided to send her Pokemon out first" Ash replied.

"Doesn't matter" Max huffed.

Ash gave him an amused look but started to wonder why Max hated Drew so much. As far as Ash knew, Drew hadn't anything awful and May seemed to like his company a lot. That thought gave Ash an unknown pang in his chest, but he shrugged it off.

Serena POV

I had finally made it to the outskirts of Santalune City. I had been traveling on this route for nearly 2 days and I was starting to get sick of it.

When I made it into the city, I quickly checked into the Pokémon Center and got myself a room. I then saw people flocking to some dome/arena and I decided to go check it out.

It turned out there was a contest there and I decided to check it out. They were somewhat similar to Showcases, which I wanted to do, and I could learn from the coordinators.

I sat near the back and saw that it was now the final round. It was May Maple and Drew Shu, two coordinators from Hoenn. I had watched them in a match before and remembered Drew defeating May.

I certainly hoped that May would win this one as Drew was insanely stuck up during interviews and seemed like an overall prick.

Thankfully, May started to gain the upper hand, and her Blaziken hit Flygon with an Overheat, which knocked it out.

The audience began to clap and May was awarded the Santalune Ribbon. I could Drew's dejected face and sneer, and it made me even happier that May had won.

When she came off the stage, she was surrounded by people who I guessed were her friends. Then, I realized I recognized 3 of them.

And the one I was interested in most was hugging May.

Ash POV

When May won her match, all of us ran up to congratulate her.

"LET'S GO MAY! WE TAKE THOSE! TELL THAT GREEN HAIRED WEEB TO FUC-"

"Alright Max, let's calm down, shall we?" Bonnie interrupted, helping the author not have to make an 11 year old curse.

"Well, good job, May. You were awesome up there" I said.

"Thanks Ash" May said and surprised me by giving me a hug. I returned it and she quickly pulled away with her cheeks a little red.

I was pretty sure my face was a little red, too, but we all congratulated May on her win and walked out of the arena.

While May and Dawn were talking about random coordinator stuff and Max and Bonnie were having a conversation about something, Clemont and I were walking up front.

"So, Clemont, how did you exactly get kicked out of your gym?" I asked, a small smile playing on my lips.

Clemont blushed in embarrassment.

"Well...the truth was that I preferred inventing stuff a lot more than actually maintaining a gym. So I made Clembot so I could focus on my inventions full time, but I guess something went wrong and now Bonnie and I are now here. I never forgave myself for that you know. I was supposed to take care of Bonnie, but I failed." Clemont said, looking dejected.

"It's alright, we'll get you your gym back. I promise. I told that already, didn't I?" I replied, patting him on the back.

Clemont nodded and turned back to look at Bonnie, who was deep in a conversation with Max.

"I hope so at least. Maybe then I could just make a Bonnie the Gym Leader" Clemont said with a chuckle.

"Hey, Ash! Don't you have your Gym Battle tomorrow?" Max asked.

"Huh, oh yeah. What about it?"

"Do you even know what type the Gym is or who the Gym Leader is?" Max asked.

"Of course not" I replied. "I supposed to be an idiot at the first gym I face in every region."

"You're always an idiot at every gym you face" May called.

"At least he finally acknowledges it" Dawn added.

"I'm getting bullied" I mumbled and Clemont and Bonnie chuckled at that.

———————————————————————————
A/N: New chapter let's go. I'm updating again yay. Also Serena will join the crew real soon yay. 850 words cyaaaaaaaa.