Chapter 3

My mind went blank as i focused completely on Victor on the other side of the room. He had gotten up from his sitting position on the ground and was making his way towards us with his electric guitar in the one hand. This was the first time i could see more than just his side profile and the first time i could really admire all of his attractive features. His black leather jacket was sitting tight against his body , clearly holding his muscles beneath it. It was as if i was entranced by this boy i had never seen or met before.

I was taken out of my trance by the snapping of Patrick's fingers " Earth to Cal! Are you even listening to me? The fuck made you decide join the band all of a sudden dude?

Adruptly i teared my gaze away from Victor and towards my well worn converse "You know Pat you've been such a good friend it felt like that's the least i could do" i lied, not wanting to admit that i wanted to meet this Victor.

Patrick had one eyebrow raised when Victor calmly approached us."What's up Patrick" Victor said dryly as his gaze glided over me. My God!, his voice souded deeply calm reminding me of waves crashing against the seashore.

" What's up man, this is my friend Calum i told you about" Patrick said waving a hand in my direction.

" H-Hi..." my feeble attempt at an awkward greeting trying to avoid Victor's intense green gaze. Victor's emerald green eyes were strangely studying me cautiously before he spoke. " Nice to meet you, Patrick said you could sing?" Victor asked with a neutral tone that matched his blank  expression

How the fuck am i supposed to reply to a rhetorical question?

I muttered even more awkwardly than before "Y-yeah, i can sing" Victor looked over at Patrick and raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?" Clearly alluding to me. "No offense" Victor said looking back at me

I felt a bit of irritation building up in me " I'm standing right here you know. And saying no offense doesn't necessarily mean it's not going to offend someone" i sternly stated with hints of irritation in my tone, in all probability sounding just like my mom right now.

Victor smirked "Feisty" He said looking at me. He then put his hand on Patrick's shoulder and spoke jokingly " I like this one Patrick, let's see if he can sing "

I was about to give him a piece of my mind when our music teacher arrived. She tugged a piece of her auburn hair behind her glasses and addressed everyone excitedly "Hi all my little M&M's, are you ready to make some beautiful music"

Victor leaned his side against mine and a jolt of electricity shot through my body before he whispered "M&M's?" His hot breath against my ear. I rolled my eyes at his interruption and softly muttered "Music Maniacs, that's what she likes calls us" Victor raised his eyebrows looking at me funny "Seriously?" I laughed and motioned with one finger in front of my mouth, shhh. Victor also gave a little laugh and turned his gaze to Mrs Mosby but I was still staring at him intensely , focusing on his now up close features. I felt Patrick bump my other side looking at me funny and smiling slyly " Focus Cal" he whispered and poked my side.

Music class went on as it always did and since this counted for extra credit we would be receiving a term project which Mrs Mosby was about to announce. Mrs Mosby was walking through class handing out papers rather excitedly. She expressed loudly "M&M's! Since we have quite a few new faces in cla-" Mrs Mosby was interrupted by a girl with sakura pink hair rushing into music class, as she was making her way inside her book bag fell out of her arms making all her books fall out. Patrick rushed over to help her pick up all the books

" Clumsy as always Izzie" Patrick said laughing as they picked up the books. Mrs Mosby walked over to them, trying to make a serious face " Miss Melcour you are late, please go have a seat."

Izzie and Patrick rushed over to the nearest table and sat down, leaving me with Victor my mind began to race a 100 miles an hour.

Mrs Mosby returned to the front of the music room and addressed us again " Since there are so many of you this year you will be working in pairs with whomever you are sitting next to right now"

I felt a mix of irritation and excitement when I came to the realization that I'd be working with Victor. He was already looking at me and i awkwardly responded to his stare by attempting to match his intense gaze and failing "H-Hi"

You already said that idiot, I thought to myself.

Maybe this year won't be so annoying after all.

_______________________________________

Mmmm are things about to get intense 👀

Q: What do y'all think about Victor?

Please like and comment!