5.

W

I've always hated Mondays, but now I found myself looking forward to it. On top of that, I've started liking waking up early to have breakfast too.

On Sunday, I made toast and scrambled eggs for breakfast. I do have some skills in the kitchen and they tasted decent, but I still preferred the breakfast made in the café. I'm very sure that Bright must have added some kind of spice or seasoning in the food because no matter what I did, it could never match his.

"Hey." Dew smacked my head with some rolled up paper, which brought me back to my senses.

"Huh?"

"Did you stay up late playing games again?" He said, rolling his eyes. "I was saying, we have to finish this report by Wednesday. I've filled in some parts already, but there are some parts that only you can do."

"Oh, yeah, I'm aware of that. Thanks bud, I owe you one."

"If you really want to thank me, treat me to some nice food." He grinned.

"There you go again asking for food. Fine, fine, I'll treat you to your favourite. Don't blame me if your girlfriend gets angry that you ate good food without her though."

Dew laughed and sat back down, and I continued doing my work. I was fumbling for some documents when I accidentally knocked over the cup of water that was on my desk.

"Shit!" I frantically took a bunch of tissues and desperately wiped the water off my desk, praying that it didn't get into my keyboard or damage the computer. I removed the papers from my desk and checked to make sure that they didn't get ruined, and thankfully most of them were fine.

"What's the matter?" Dew stood up again and was peeking over to my desk.

"I knocked over my cup of water." I said, frowning.

"Just like you to be so clumsy." He sighed and shook his head. "You alright? Do you need some tissues?"

"I'm okay," I smiled sadly. "But this piece of paper isn't." I lifted up a piece of paper that was dripping wet. I had written down some of the ideas I had for a social media campaign that the company was planning for, and now a lot of the words were smudged and unrecognisable because of the water.

"Oh no. Is it important? I can try and help."

"It's alright bud. It's just that I didn't write down my ideas anywhere else, and I don't think I can remember what I wrote." I groaned. "I should really invest in a tumbler."

"I've been telling you that for the longest time, but you insisted on using the cup anyway." He laughed. "How's the rest of your stuff?"

I assured Dew that everything else was okay and told him to continue on with his work, and dabbed the remaining areas of the desk dry. My clothes were unharmed too, so it wasn't that bad. The only problem was that now, I had to think of new ideas again since there was no way I could save that ancient piece of paper. When I was done cleaning up the mess, I sat back down and buried myself in work.

"Hey it's time to knock off. Are you still working?"

I have no idea when Dew had come over to stand beside me. I raised my head to look up at him. "It's time?"

"Yeah. Come on let's grab dinner, I'm starving."

"Hm...I'm not that hungry though. You should go ahead without me."

"What a party pooper." He pouted. "Remember that you still owe me one."

"Yes, I know. I'll buy you dinner tomorrow if you want." I playfully pinched his cheek, and he swatted my hand away.

"I'll hold you to that. I'll go off now then. Go home soon, don't forget about the gh-"

"Alright, alright. I'm going, you've got to stop creeping me out with the spooky talk."

As we reached the lobby of the office, I waved goodbye to Dew as I made my way to the bus stop. As I slowly trudged along the path, I started feeling a little peckish even though I wasn't hungry at all earlier. I decided to get something light to eat before heading home.

Before I realised, my feet were already heading in that particular direction.