15.

[Mentions of digestive problems. This is not meant to provide medical information or advice. If you are having any health issues, please consult a doctor! (•͈ᴗ•͈)]

W

"Morning, bud." I say as I set my mug down on my desk.

"Mor...ning?" Dew just entered the office, and put his bag down on his seat.  "What's up with you today?"

I raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?"

"Something's up with you. Have you been using some kind of cream on your face?"

I touched my face, but didn't feel anything different. I'd been using the same face wash and cream like I always have. Dew marched up to me and examined my face more closely, squinting his eyes. "Yup, I'm sure you did something to your face. It seems more...radiant?"

I pushed his hands away and insisted that I hadn't done anything to my face. Nevertheless, he didn't believe me, and continued to interrogate me at lunch.

"I really did not go for any spa whatsoever, Dew." I said for the hundredth time.

"Then what is it? Even your hair looks lighter or something. And your eyes, they're like, sparkly."

I almost spit out my drink.

"If not, then there's only one other explanation." He says, leaning close to me with a mischievous look. I gulp and look at his face.

I blinked a few times, not saying anything. There was really no hiding it from Dew. I nudged him away after collecting myself, and decided to tell him the truth. "Well, um, me and P'Bright, we..."

"Yup, I knew it. Congratulations." He said, grabbing my hand and shaking it. "I should have known, it was so obvious."

"It is?"

"Totally." He says while side-eyeing me and sipping on his drink. "But jokes aside, I'm genuinely happy for you."

"Thanks." I say, smiling sheepishly.

"However, if he ever bullies you or mistreats you, I will be the first to-"

"Alright alright, I know."

After work, I head to a restaurant near the café to have some appetisers. I didn't want to go to the café as I knew Bright would insist on accompanying me. The café was already busy enough as I could see a line of people waiting outside.

I took my time to eat, and strolled around until I was sure that they had seen the last customers out. Bright was wiping down some tables when I pushed open the door.

"I'm sorry, we're clo- hey!" Bright ran over to me like a happy puppy. My eyes followed the movement of his fluffy hair as it bobbed up and down. "Do you want something to eat?"

"No, it's fine." I replied. "Busy day?"

"Very. I haven't even had time to eat during the break as we had so many things to do."

"Boss, you two have a good chat. I can do the rest of the cleaning." Film says as she peeks her head out from the store room at the back. She winks at us before disappearing into the room again.

We go to sit at my usual place, and I listen as Bright tells me about his day.

"...and she just leaves the crumbs all over the floor for me to clean. I was so annoyed, but I kept calm anyway." Bright says with a huff as he finishes his story about an unruly customer whom he calls 'Karen'. I was wondering how he knew her name, but it's not important.

"I would have lost my cool if I were you. You're too patient." I said.

"Really? I can't tell that you're hot-headed." He giggles. "Anyway, how was your day?"